By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Total Recall Vs. Total Recall ~ Gonna be good?

Tagged games:

Are you going to see it?

I cannot recall? 8 17.02%

Yes, but I will not like it 5 10.64%

Yes, but I will like it. 6 12.77%

No 15 31.91%

This is for making me com... 4 8.51%

Maybe 5 10.64%

Other ( possibly post below ) 0 0%

See reslutez 3 6.38%

Total:46

The worst thing about this remake is the lack of Richard Dawson. He was the "real" star of the original movie.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I'll have you know that Richard Dawson had a long and illustrious acting career. Besides for his part on The Running Man, he showed considerable range in Family Feud and Hogan's Heroes.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Based on user reviews on imdb its doing bad so far it has a 6.4 rating with 1,264 votes. The metascore is even worse 48/100 I expect both numbers to go down once more votes and reviews come in.

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
The worst thing about this remake is the lack of Richard Dawson. He was the "real" star of the original movie.

Walter from Breaking Bad will be a fine replacement for someone though.

He was in Drive, and he's going to be in the World War Z, and a bunch of other big movies too, his career has really taken off thanks to BrBa.

Remakes/Reboots incoming from Hollywood:
Robocop
G I Joe
He-Man
Turtles (currently on hiutus)

That's everyone I can remember right now

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
supposedly they are giving HerMan the 300 treatment. i think that will be great for Heman.

i loved the cartoon back in the day, the Dolph Lundgren movie hold a special place in my heart as well since its props and props from the second movie were used for the set of Cyborg with van damme. So i hope it is fantastic1

Voila

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/31/gi-joe-2-director-to-helm-he-man-movie

Total Recall was one of those special movies that even though it was cheesy sci-fi you still loved it and anytime it was on you can't help but watch it.

I'm looking forward to the remake, if anything, just for the Jessica Beal and Kate Beckinsale action.

I've just found more remakes!!!

HIGHLANDER - starring Ryan Reynolds
GODZILLA - directed by Gareth Edwards (director of Monsters)
FRANKENSTEIN - starring Aaron Eckhart and Bill Nighy (it will be called "I, Frankenstein")
FANTASTIC FOUR - no further information is available except the director is Josh Trank (whose done NOTHING else)
DUNE - due in 2014, but nothing else is known
MORTAL KOMBAT - directed by Kevin Tacharoen, the director behind... GLEE: the 3d concert movie. yay.
EVIL DEAD - directed by Fede Alvarez whose done shit before...

Go Hollywood!!!

WTF minor spoiler alert here in the remake they don't even go to Mars. Instead they go to Australia via a tunnel that passes trough the center of the earth.

" Almost 120,000 users on IMDB have rated it at 7.5/100 and it is in the top 500 movies on that site of all time."

I believe that is an error right? 7.5 out of 100?