By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3+PS2 outsell 360+Wii by 1 million

How do we feel about it chartz?

Last Q

PS3+PS2 2.8million

360+Wii 1.81m

Combined 4.6m, how much was it last year same period?

Around the Network

such a stupid comparison.

how did each current gen go?

I wish we got full numbers from Sony.

What did each of them do individually? Give estimates for PS.

But these are shipments....not sales. What if the 360 and Wii were over shipped last quarter and subsequently we're under-shipped this quarter? It's a silly comparison to make.

man-bear-pig said:
But these are shipments....not sales. What if the 360 and Wii were over shipped last quarter and subsequently we're under-shipped this quarter? It's a silly comparison to make.

Why would 360 and Wii overship last quarter? Those look like normal numbers.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
man-bear-pig said:

I'm not saying they were, I'm saying they could've been. I'm just saying that shipment #'s for 1 quarter don't mean a lot because it doesn't show you the big picture.

Cobretti2 said:
such a stupid comparison.

how did each current gen go?

Since when is it stupid to compare quarterly shipment numbers for consoles? This is a sales thread for this quarter, don't get your feelings in the way and start about the generation as a whole because this is not a thread comparing total numbers.

man-bear-pig said:
Turkish said:
man-bear-pig said:

I'm not saying they were, I'm saying they could've been. I'm just saying that shipment #'s for 1 quarter don't mean a lot because it doesn't show you the big picture.

Thats true, but quarterly shipment numbers have always been compared, why do people have such a problem now?

It's a very valid comparison, considering in case of PS3+PS2 one of them is a last gen console, whereas in case of wii+360 both are current gen consoles with one of them being the best selling one for years.

I think PS3 has done at least 2 million this time around. There's no way PS2 is doing more than wii but it would be hilarious if true.

facepalm