By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE: Almost 300 employees on FFXIV 2.0, new title releases "suffered for 2 to 3 years"

oniyide said:

ok, fair enough this makes sense. Did you really need a high end PC just to run the game? Cause that would explain some things. I have no issue with them trying to improve, my problem is that its at the expense of other games. Excuse me for being a bit skeptical that it will all be worth it in the end. BUt for SE's sake I hope it does turn around, i dont really get a kick out of seeing a series I usually liked to be the laughingstock of the gaming world, MMO or otherwise

Not sure on exact requirements, but I know SE has mentioned a few times that FFXIV takes an extremely powerful computer to run well and they're doing everything they can to make the game look and run better on lower-specced systems.

I can personally tell you that this game rips apart my computer's power even though I can run Battlefield 3 on max and Witcher 2 on high (and ToR max, for whatever that's worth). So, it definitely could use quite a bit of fixing as far as that goes.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Final Fantasy XI was by far Square Enix's worst selling Final Fantasy (I'm not even it sure the base game broke a million), but it was their most profitable game of all time.

Just sayin'.

Be that as it may, SE never had to make FFXI free to play, nor i imagine to expend so much manpower on it. I wonder if they've released just how much money they've lost on that so far...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Theres actually loads of information on the plan they have to relaunch the game in here:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

It sounds good, but i still think that if they dont redo the classes to FF staples they have no chance whatsoever. Their only chance is to bring in the FF fans. They are the only ones that will be willing to give the game a second chance. If there isnt something that pulls that FF nostalgia and trademark content of FFXI and the games with the job system, there really isnt much hope.

Its sad to see this happen. Square should have dropped the game and made FFXI-2 instead. This is a huge risk that most likely wont pay off as much as they try.

wfz said:
oniyide said:

ok, fair enough this makes sense. Did you really need a high end PC just to run the game? Cause that would explain some things. I have no issue with them trying to improve, my problem is that its at the expense of other games. Excuse me for being a bit skeptical that it will all be worth it in the end. BUt for SE's sake I hope it does turn around, i dont really get a kick out of seeing a series I usually liked to be the laughingstock of the gaming world, MMO or otherwise

Not sure on exact requirements, but I know SE has mentioned a few times that FFXIV takes an extremely powerful computer to run well and they're doing everything they can to make the game look and run better on lower-specced systems.

I can personally tell you that this game rips apart my computer's power even though I can run Battlefield 3 on max and Witcher 2 on high (and ToR max, for whatever that's worth). So, it definitely could use quite a bit of fixing as far as that goes.

See, thats crazy, that was a huge mistake on their part, this game needs to be accesible. Thats why WoW is so popular. But they are fixing it, so its something. I only played the game at comic-com before it released

Mr Khan said:
makingmusic476 said:
Final Fantasy XI was by far Square Enix's worst selling Final Fantasy (I'm not even it sure the base game broke a million), but it was their most profitable game of all time.

Just sayin'.

Be that as it may, SE never had to make FFXI free to play, nor i imagine to expend so much manpower on it. I wonder if they've released just how much money they've lost on that so far...

This

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Scoobes said:

Technically, neither did 3D Relams or Blizzard. They either said "when its done" or gave a very vague estimate. Square's done virtually the same thing.

Technically, Blizzard is shit at keeping milestones, whereas Square knows to keep their mouth shut.

Not really. If they knew to keep there mouth shut they wouldn't have revealed Versus XIII when they had virtually nothing on the game.

Scoobes said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Scoobes said:

Technically, neither did 3D Relams or Blizzard. They either said "when its done" or gave a very vague estimate. Square's done virtually the same thing.

Technically, Blizzard is shit at keeping milestones, whereas Square knows to keep their mouth shut.

Not really. If they knew to keep there mouth shut they wouldn't have revealed Versus XIII when they had virtually nothing on the game.

I think at the time they did make it pretty clear they didn't have much.

I will say this:

Considering I don't care much for MMOs, I would've been perfectly okay with them throwing FFXIV under the bus if it would've meant us getting Versus by now.

makingmusic476 said:

I will say this:

Considering I don't care much for MMOs, I would've been perfectly okay with them throwing FFXIV under the bus if it would've meant us getting Versus by now.

that makes two of us