By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE: Almost 300 employees on FFXIV 2.0, new title releases "suffered for 2 to 3 years"

oniyide said:
so let me get this straight, they are taking resources away from games that most people actually want to play and putting them into a game that only a handful of people actually care about? Alright

This is a highly immature attitude, spamming the same shit over the forum. The fourteenth numbered Final Fantasy game is big business.

Do you have stats about the "handful of people" and the "most people". No ? Get out.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
oniyide said:
so let me get this straight, they are taking resources away from games that most people actually want to play and putting them into a game that only a handful of people actually care about? Alright

This is a highly immature attitude, spamming the same shit over the forum. The fourteenth numbered Final Fantasy game is big business.

Do you have stats about the "handful of people" and the "most people". No ? Get out.

This game sold 650,000 copies since 2010, its 2012. This is an FF game and it sold that little, that is a handful of people for a franchise as big as FF, id bet dollars to donuts there are more people than that looking forward to versus in the US alone.  SO no im not going anywhere. 

oniyide said:

This game sold 650,000 copies since 2010, its 2012. This is an FF game and it sold that little, that is a handful of people for a franchise as big as FF, id bet dollars to donuts there are more people than that looking forward to versus in the US alone.  SO no im not going anywhere. 

I am a very calm man and I will try to level with you.

Square Enix, a big company, a place where many people are working, made a big boo boo and they are tryin to fix it.

Wow I though we'll get it this year, Early 2013 huh it'd be interesting to see how it will perform agaisnt PhantasyStar 2 online.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

oniyide said:

I am a very calm man and I will try to level with you.

Square Enix, a big company, a place where many people are working, made a big boo boo and they are tryin to fix it.

and you know what...thats commendable, they are trying to fix it, what i (and im sure some others) dont like is that its at the expense of other games, especially one that has been as highly anticipated as Versus 13 and the numbers speak for themselves. 650,000 for a MAINLINE FF game in two years is abysmal. Hell 11 did better than that. I think this is just a pride thing, this game was a critical and commercial failure and they cant stand that. I would've just cut my loses and just use those assests to put out more games

Around the Network
zarx said:
theprof00 said:

versus please you goddamn knuckleheads

Versus, is looking more and more like a next gen game.

The only game to be developed over the course of three generations. Brilliant strategy SE

It's the new Duke Nukem Forever, soon they will announce that they are rebuilding the game for next gen using the Luminous Engine, over the next 3 years. 

Possible - Nomura already said last year he will rebuild some stuff and will use the Luminous Engine for some effects.
Maybe it would be the best for everyone - Pretty sure the next Xbox can handle a PS3 Game without losing to much quality in that process.

2 to 3 years... omg -_-

I'm giving up all hope now that Versus XIII will be released within the next two years...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:
2 to 3 years... omg -_-

I'm giving up all hope now that Versus XIII will be released within the next two years...

I think the whole point of this rush is to meat the holiday season and not drag this thing too long.

It's a good strategy really to focus on this for some months in order to wrap it up and then proceed and have Versus resume priority.

The reason Versus or any Square game in nothing like Duke Nukem or Diablo3 and such, is because Square never made an announcement they didn't follow through or gave a dead line or a promise they couldn't keep.  

snfr said:

I think the whole point of this rush is to meat the holiday season and not drag this thing too long.

It's a good strategy really to focus on this for some months in order to wrap it up and then proceed and have Versus resume priority.

I don't really think that this is a good idea. Especially if they do that again for another game then Versus will take even longer in the end. It'd have been the best IMO if the Versus developement team focused on Versus for the past few years (since the release of FFXIII).

But well, perhaps we'll finally get some new info and gameplay about Versus this year.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

I know what you mean. Square has stretched itself over so many projects.

But at the same time it's good to see that at last things are finally moving

I am highly sceptical how half a year of focused XIVX development will cause versus to fall back 2 to 2 years.