By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia hasn't changed

Kasz216 said:
Sharu said:
Kasz216 said:
mai said:
Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I question how storming a church would've gone in the U.S.

People would of been upset.

Why ask? There's more than enough precedents, like:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/eight_occupy_wa.php

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/montgomery/guilty-verdict-in-moco-synagog.html

Pussy Riot will likely get their 3 years conditional sentence plus some fines and nobody gets hurt, though they've prosecuted in much more serious "incitement to ethnic or racial hatred".

Storming a church during a public sermon doesn't qualify as either of those.

At best it would be "Distrubing of the peace."

Kasz, it seemz you're not too good in Russian Law system... )))

And to Mai - I think not 3 years, but smth like 1-1.5 years. Of which technically they already spent 6 months in jail so its not a big deal... Everybody will forget about them and about other disgusting things they were doing before.... (Oh, that chicken in supermarket... They should go in jail THEN, long before this shit started...)

I was talking about what would happen in the US, based on US law.

OK then... But, you know, 'When in Rome do as the Romans do'. So i don't think its a wise move to treat a case happened in Russia according to the US law...

Around the Network

Kasz216 said:

So conditional sentence (the most probable result of the trial, practically you're getting criminal record and good to go) for "incitement to ethnic or racial hatred", desecration of ceremony and public humiliaton is worse than month and a half in jail for only trespassing the territory and years in jail for some graffiti in synagogue? Riiight. Really, why the excuses? Just admit it, armed only with Google I could bury you under these kind of precedents :D

//Though I've figured out it already, that if it'd have happened in synagogue, social consciousness would have stayed dormant. Half of "church desecration" incidents that ends with real sentences in the US took place in synagouges :D Well, unless it doesn't involve killing people like recent story with Sikhs.

Sharu said:

And to Mai - I think not 3 years, but smth like 1-1.5 years. Of which technically they already spent 6 months in jail so its not a big deal... Everybody will forget about them and about other disgusting things they were doing before.... (Oh, that chicken in supermarket... They should go in jail THEN, long before this shit started...)

Шару, да нишиша они не получат. 3 года условно -- максимум. Вон Леонтьев, когда трезвый, умный мысли говорит, да: http://www.odnako.org/blogs/show_20184/ :D Ей-богу, как дети малые, Ленина и Шарпа не читают -- поддаются на дешевые провокации.

Давно же известно, что наш суд самый гуманный в мире :D

//Но больше всего вставляет реакция американчиков и иже с ними :D Это вообще детский сад - штаны на лямка. Каз по местным меркам интеллектуал. Кроме шуток, с ним хотя бы общаться можно.

mai said:

Kasz216 said:

So conditional sentence (the most probable result of the trial, practically you're getting criminal record and good to go) for "incitement to ethnic or racial hatred", desecration of ceremony and public humiliaton is worse than month and a half in jail for only trespassing the territory and years in jail for some graffiti in synagogue? Riiight. Really, why the excuses? Just admit it, armed only with Google I could bury you under these kind of precedents :D

//Though I've figured out it already, that if it'd have happened in synagogue, social consciousness would have stayed dormant. Half of "church desecration" incidents that ends with real sentences in the US took place in synagouges :D Well, unless it doesn't involve killing people like recent story with Sikhs.

Yes?

Singing a song at a public ceremony isn't really that big of a deal compaired to breaking into someone elses property and messing up their shit without their permission.

It's like asking what's worse, someone shouting at a public official or throwing a brick through the window of a buisness or breaking into someones house.

How you'd think the first is remotely worse... is silly.

Also... most destruction of religious property is of jewish property.  Hence why it's persecuted the most.

Almost nobody messes up Christian Churches and while it happenes more freaquently to mosques, it's not nearly as often as synogogues.

As for the Sikh temple incident, I still have no idea what that was about.  Don't know why would have something against them.

Kasz216 said:

Yes?

Yes, Kaz, yes.

Pls, spare me these talks over nothing. Let's get back to the topic when the trial is finished, ok? I'd bet anything they won't get more than conditional sentence, i.e. nothing. So it's still quadrillion times more than real jail sentence for swastika in synagogue.

Around the Network

Russia is back tracking. Think I heard Putin favours a political union with Belarus. He really is trying to bring back the USSR.

Good article on the russian situation :

http://www.economist.com/node/21528596

"Those who want to go abroad often have higher material standards of living than their peers in the West. They are looking for things they cannot buy: recognition of achievements, protection of property rights, physical safety, a functioning health service, a proper education for their children. They want to live a life which does not involve paying bribes, or losing one's business for political reasons, or being jailed at the whim of a corrupt bureaucrat."

Most worrying of all is that those less educated who stay will increasingly inflate the statistics of "emotional" citizens :

"34% of Russians “want to shoot” those they blame for their troubles"

Kasz216 said:.

As for the Sikh temple incident, I still have no idea what that was about.  Don't know why would have something against them.

I'll have a stab at guessing. Racist killer reckons they are Taliban Muslims.

Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:.

I'll have a stab at guessing. Racist killer reckons they are Taliban Muslims.

Looks like at least half of that is right.  Guy was a white supremsist.

Funny part?   A lot of white supremsist groups denounced the killings.

Lately White supremsist groups have tried to "legitamize" themselves... while still hating people of other races.  Dunno how they expect that one to work.

KillerMan said:
the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:
Yeah. Heard about that two days ago.

Really sucks.

Also, it's not so much that Russia hasn't changed.

So much as Russia has backslided back into awfulness.

Yeah definitely, maybe Russia will never be democratic like the west. Putin's a dick 

During Soviet era corruption went so deep into Russian culture that it's hard to fix.

It's probably what most Russians are used to as well, as most people there still remember what the USSR was like

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018