By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who is still playing Civilization 5?

Civ 2 and Alpha Centauri were the last great games in the series. They kept making pointless additions after that which were both uninteresting and a hindrance to what made the past games fun.

I haven't tried Civ 5 yet; but 3 and 4 were not fun like 1, 2 (Especially Test of Time), and Alpha Centauri. I mean, they had a lot of interesting concepts; but they were just poorly implemented.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I liked the battles in Civ5, but the cultures were way too similar for my taste, so I didn't play that many different rounds. In total I clocked about 40h, but I still feel Civ revolutions (the only other civ I played) was more engaging.

makingmusic476 said:
DanneSandin said:
I like the idea of spreading your army out, not stacking 20 armies in one tile. But it's so god damn dumb that there is only room for ONE unit. It would have been a lot more fun if there could be 3 allied troops in one tile, or something like that. They gotta go back and rethink that part...

What I really wanna see is a sort of cross between Civ, Total War and Europa Universalis in one single game!!!

Yeah, it's unrealistic to have massively large armies on a single tile, but the current method isn't much more realistic. 

They should give each unit type a size parameter (maybe foot soldiers a 1, cavalry a 2, tanks and siege weapons a 2, etc.), and allow X total number of troops per tile (maybe 5 or 8).  Then you could have 2-3 units per tile, as larger battalions, so to speak, with different stacked units changing paramets of the whole group in different ways (archers having higher defense if accompanied by swordsmen, things like that).

hey that's not a bad idea! Not bad at all! That's the best solution I've heard yet to this problem :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Did they eventually fix the multiplayer (animations and ability to save) or is it still broken? The only reason I might get it is if I can play with my friends, so it's good to know if the MP actually works ;)

I played Civ4 for years. I've played Civ5 for 51 hours.