By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who is still playing Civilization 5?

What's lacking in Civ V is scenarios! I remember Civ II - I played the shit out of that WWII scenario!!1

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
What's lacking in Civ V is scenarios! I remember Civ II - I played the shit out of that WWII scenario!!1

Me too... That scenario had one of my favorite gaming moments.

I rememeber playing either as Finland... or the Nuetrals if they were part of them... i forget which...

and having war declared on me by Russia.

I won that Winter War via bombers, paratroopers and Partisians, through a shocking surprise caputre of Moscow right in the middle of their lands.

Which as you may recall... when your a tiny nation that takes a big nations capital that meant.   REVOLUTION!

Suddenly half the cities went rogue and formed their own Nation.

I played it in my head as a surprise reemergence of the loyalists fighting against the communists.

Kasz216 said:
DanneSandin said:

Me too... That scenario had one of my favorite gaming moments.

I rememeber playing either as Finland... or the Nuetrals if they were part of them... i forget which...

and having war declared on me by Russia.

I won that Winter War via bombers, paratroopers and Partisians, through a shocking surprise caputre of Moscow right in the middle of their lands.

Which as you may recall... when your a tiny nation that takes a big nations capital that meant.   REVOLUTION!

Suddenly half the cities went rogue and formed their own Nation.

I played it in my head as a surprise reemergence of the loyalists fighting against the communists.

HAHA I loved that revolution thing! I played as the vikings once, conquered all sorts of countries when I heard about that thing. So I cheated; I played as a much smaller nation, took a boat to my old viking capital and invaded and occupied it - BOOM! The realm was divided in two :D it was awesome! They really need to reintroduce that!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I play it pretty often (usually during lunch). I'm not good at it by any means but still at least have fun. I generally like Japan because Bushido seems like it's awesome.

Bought it for a 5er from steam. because I loved the freeplay event steam did

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I still play from time to time. I usually let the computer do a random pick for me, haven't really found favorites, just a fun game overall. I'll try Rome.

AndrewWK said:
I just started it. There is this Game of Thrones mod which is pretty awesome.

I just subcribed to the GoT mod, looks awesome though!

i played it a bit, and went back to 4

twesterm said:
I play it pretty often (usually during lunch). I'm not good at it by any means but still at least have fun. I generally like Japan because Bushido seems like it's awesome.

They deal more damage when hurt right or do they deal more damage to hurt units?  I forget which one it was (believe it is the first one) but that is a pretty nice perk.

I played for awhile. But for some reason CiV 5 has something thats just really off to me. Lately I have been wanting to go back to CIV 3 and play WW2 scenario, napoleon, medieval and japan. Those were really fun.

sethnintendo said:
twesterm said:

They deal more damage when hurt right or do they deal more damage to hurt units?  I forget which one it was (believe it is the first one) but that is a pretty nice perk.

Well it's sort of the first one.

Bushido makes it so that units ALWAYS fight at full strength.

Normally your units attack power decreases as it's HP do.