By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the story behind your username?

Mine is a play on words with my name.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

The combination of my first and middle name, I can't remember where the 125 came from

Nintendo and PC gamer

happydolphin said:
DieAppleDie said:
the Simpson
Sideshow Bob
The Bart the
enough said

I can't remember for the life of me what DIE BART DIE meant in german.

The Bart The.  To be more accurate its the femine form of "the".  The masculine form is "Der".  The neutural form is "Das".

It's my initials and my birthday (we put the month before the day in the US). I like it since so many people guess that the 316 has to do with the Bible verse John 3:16 or Steve Austin.

Ironically, I am a fan of both the Bible and wrestling.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Mine is the name of an iPhone game development company my bro and I just started. But it was my screenname before and I picked it cause my Mom passed about 8 Mays ago. Kind of an emo name haha

www.speedkittens.com

Around the Network

My two Internet aliases originate as follows:

thetonestarr - A girl I had a crush on/was a close friend of mine for a long time always called me "Tonester" (name's Tony). Anyways, I decided sometime in 2003 or 2004 to come up with a new username, thought something based on "Tonester" would work well, and so after some tweaking around, came up with this.

Kojiiriin - Back in 2001, I played GraalOnline (then known as Graal2001). Wanted to come up with a Japanese-sounding (to a weaboo, at the time) unique name, this is what came of that. I don't know how I'd spell it in Japanese, but I can spell it in Korean! 코찌이리인. Looks more like a loan-word, though, to be honest.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Copy and pasted from elsewhere =3:

I made it 7 years ago for my Xbox Live account, back then I was into anime so it had an obvious influence on my username. It was a stupid idea for me to use it as my VGC username though because now I hate it. It's too long and stupid. I would make another account but I've already added half my games to this profiles collection and I can't be asked doing it again. There should be some feature on this site where you can change your username.

DieAppleDie said:
oh i forgot
irrational hate towards Apple

Your initials are "DAD."

thetonestarr said:

My two Internet aliases originate as follows:

thetonestarr - A girl I had a crush on/was a close friend of mine for a long time always called me "Tonester" (name's Tony). Anyways, I decided sometime in 2003 or 2004 to come up with a new username, thought something based on "Tonester" would work well, and so after some tweaking around, came up with this.

Kojiiriin - Back in 2001, I played GraalOnline (then known as Graal2001). Wanted to come up with a Japanese-sounding (to a weaboo, at the time) unique name, this is what came of that. I don't know how I'd spell it in Japanese, but I can spell it in Korean! 코찌이리인. Looks more like a loan-word, though, to be honest.

Sounds like a Japanese Pokemon name. xD

Chris Hu said:
Chandler said:

Tyson Chandler, because he helped my man Dirk to get his ring. Against Miami no less. Oh sweet revenge.

Great user name I sure wish the Mavericks could have resigned Chandler and Nash before that.  But at least they had a pretty decent off season this year.

I don't blame Chandler for leaving, he deserved all the money in the world after the championship from an emotional standpoint. And I don't blame Cuban for letting him go either because it was and is a sound business decision not to invest all your salary into post 30 athletes. And Nash, nobody foresaw what potential he had at this time.

But I digress, Dirk has his HoF spot and retired Jersey locked in now and Chandler was the tipping point. MFFL

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.