By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the story behind your username?

Mine originated back in 2005 with the game Runescape - there were so many names taken, but I didn't want anything with a number in it. I chose "radish head" and I guess it caught on - from about 2008 onwards I took the space out the middle of the two words, however. 

What is the story behind yours? Do you like your username?

If I could change one thing about mine, it would be to put a capital letter at the start- it feels a little untidy as it is :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Salnax was a character in a story I wrote back in... '07 I guess.

Love and tolerate.

I write stories, I couldn't think of a name for a character. I was sat in a maths class where we were studying the Adjacent, Cosine and the other one I can't spell. I liked Adjacent so I decided to use it, but to make it more unique I decided to change the spelling.
To make sure I didn't forget it, I decided to use it as the name of my email address, I've used it for everything since.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I wanted something fun and light-hearted to use on okcupid, a dating site.

Well, since my account was on self-requested permaban, I needed to stealth my way back into the community without getting caught. I thought it would be hilarious to reuse my okcupid nick of all things. Then I realized that it had dolphin in it, the codename for my most cherished Nintendo platform of all time, and it contained all the symbols of my first vgchartz nick.

And so, happyD was born.

I took the first letter from the first name of all my rape victims, and so that's how I ended up with mine.

Kidding! I actually just made it up. I wanted something medieval sounding and that's the best I could come up with.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Around the Network

For dsister I was tired of usernames being taken on Runescape, so I randomly pushed keys till 'dsister' came out.

Tadpole Jackson is a tiny subcharacter in Soul Eater.

lool charlie the unicorn, if you dont know it watch it on youtube

"Porcupine" is a character from my favorite movie "Stalker"

He doesn't actually appear in the movie, but they talk about him and what happened to him.

Scientist, writer, and their guide stalker are on a journey inside a forbidden zone to a secret room that will grant you a wish if you enter it. Stalker tells them the story of porcupine and his brother who had been to that room. only porcupine returned and after becomming immensly rich he commited suicide.

and on their way they figure out what had happened to them, just as they arrive at the room.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

spurgeonryan said:
Cough...Mine is my real name. First name; Spurgeon
Last Name: Ryan

Yeah right! :B

Mugen is based on two things

MUGEN the sword in D Gray Man

MUGEN the character from samurai champloo

I also like the meaning. if I'm not mistaken it means 'Infinite'
The user name is something I have used before coming to this site. earlier I was very active in both anime and graphic design forums. Also went by shinobi and shinobiD.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!