By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 - Time for a Redesigned Controller At Long Last?

Should the Playstation Controller

be completely redesigned? 91 23.88%

be slightly updated? 206 54.07%

left exactly the way it is? 81 21.26%

Total:378

Hell no, leave it alone.

Around the Network

Slight tweak - better d-pad better triggers and done.

Most comfortable default control out there

DS3 is a pretty comfortable design as is. Probably no need to replace/change.

However, they may copy Nintendo in some fashion I'm sure. That's not to be a troll comment in any way, but I could see them doing something similar.

Well they could drop six-axis...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Not a redesign, a revision. The current controller is almost perfect, just take notes from 360 on the triggers, and MAYBE add some SLIGHT curves but that's about it. Works perfectly aside from triggers and it feels natural.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
If Sony wants to make the best possible controller all they have to do is completely rip off the Xbox 360 controller.

Both controllers have their faults. 360 with the crappy d-pad, PS3 with the crappy triggers. And then you've got analog placement, which is down to personal preference.

Oh dear God yes.
The current controller is so incredibly outdated. I refuse to buy PS4 unless it drastically upgrades its controller.

I wouldn't mind an update but I don't want them to make it more like the 360 controller that's for sure. The d-pad as well as the weight of the 360 controller is not to my liking.

It certainly does need some updates. The trigger and analog stick shapes need to be updated so that your fingers don't always slip of if you apply pressure. Also, it should be bigger (or make them in different sizes) since the current one is too small to hold comfortably.

I love the dualshock the way it is. It fits perfectly in my hands and its easy for me to find the buttons. I hate the xbox controller design to death.