By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 - Time for a Redesigned Controller At Long Last?

Should the Playstation Controller

be completely redesigned? 91 23.88%

be slightly updated? 206 54.07%

left exactly the way it is? 81 21.26%

Total:378

we all know what happens when Sony redesigns a controller XD

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I like the shape of the Dualshock. It fits perfectly in the hand. MAYBE have one with longer grips, like the original Dual Analogue controller for the PS1. The only thing they really need to improve, though, is to make the analogue sticks and L2/R2 buttons concave to help prevent slipping.

Boomerang with a Vita D-pad.

Boom, done.

Yea definitely. DS is outdated its not even that great for fighters and the top buttons just feel wobbly. A Dpad like the 1 in the pic would be great. They should Hire SEGA to design it.

Dragonborn_2 said:
I just want them to change the left and right triggers and make them more like the xbox 360 ones

Maybe we will have this. The R2 button on the Navigator controller and the T button on PS Move are triggers.

Around the Network

No, it's fine a it is. And Sony might come up with something like this

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Nope. Don't want them to, either. Very little needs to change.

4 ≈ One

As long as the PS4 can use the DS3 controller I'll be totally fine with a redesign version ;)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

PhantomLink said:

Yeah, that was nonsense, which is why they scrapped it. But no, as has been pointed out, it's not fine as it is. The d-pad is uncomfortable, and the L2/R2 buttons should be more trigger-like, curved inwards. If nothing else, this needs to be addressed.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

PhantomLink said:

You used it then I presume?