By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is anyone else more excited about Final Fantasy X HD than Versus XIII?

Tagged games:

Bristow9091 said:

I sure am, I don't know about you guys, but since Final Fantasy X is my favourite game of all time, and I've spent SO MUCH TIME playing it, I'm more excited for the HD version, and I'll be buying it on both PS3 and Vita.

Don't get me wrong though, Versus XIII still looks like an amazing game, and when/if it ever comes out, I'll be buying it day one and enjoying it, I just wish Square Enix would show it off a little more, I mean, it's missed quite a few games conventions now when it could have been there taking the spotlight since they KNOW that the fans want it.

I know the same could be said about Final Fantasy X HD, but the fans already know about the game so they don't have to worry about showing it off, since it IS only a HD remaster, but I'd still like to see comparison shots between it and the original game.

So yeah, maybe it's just my fanboyism towards Final Fantasy X HD, since I KNOW 110% I'll enjoy it (I've only finished the game 3 times, but I've spent a LOT of time rearranging the sphere grid to max my characters stats, getting all their ultima weapons and powering them up, killing the dark aeons, ultima weapon, omega weapon, nemesis, and penance) whereas I don't know enough about Versus XIII yet to make that judgement, but the only Final Fantasy games that have disappointed me are VII (I played it late and went in with high expectations due to fan feedback but was very disappointed) and VIII (I bought this on release day and it took me over a year to finish it because it was so bad), whereas I've enjoyed all the others thoroughly and spent a lot of time on them.

(Also just to throw it out there, Final Fantasy IX is my second favourite game of all time, it was such a brilliant game!)

Final Fantasy Versus look very good and it's not out yzt maybe it will be better then Final Fantasy X HD so no i'm more exited by Versus 13.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

No way.

final fantasy 10 hd version by a extremely long long long long long mile. :)
final fantasy 8 is my favorite final fantasy game

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

More excited by Versus XIII. I liked Final Fantasy X but VIII, VI, IV and XII are better JRPG games.

Runa216 said:
I'd say I'm excited for both equally....X I know I'll like, and having it on the Vita is going to be super d00per awesome (and seriously, trophy support? bitch I wanna see you folks sit through 200 lightning strikes like I have a half dozen times.)

But vsXIII has so much unrevealed potential. could be the best game this gen, could be another XIII-level catastrophe. who knows! it's surely a wildcard.

Bitch please, 200 lightning strikes?  I can do that with my eyes closed.  Damn negative time in the Chocobo races, now that is a pain in the ass.  That and the butterflies.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
I'd say I'm excited for both equally....X I know I'll like, and having it on the Vita is going to be super d00per awesome (and seriously, trophy support? bitch I wanna see you folks sit through 200 lightning strikes like I have a half dozen times.)

But vsXIII has so much unrevealed potential. could be the best game this gen, could be another XIII-level catastrophe. who knows! it's surely a wildcard.

Bitch please, 200 lightning strikes?  I can do that with my eyes closed.  Damn negative time in the Chocobo races, now that is a pain in the ass.  That and the butterflies.

I struggled so much with the 200 lightning strikes, but finally managed it, the Chocobo race getting 0:00 was actually really easy, I got it the first try, but it really does depend on the layout of the balloons, on my first attempt they were all lined up straight on the right hand side, way out of the area that the birds fly, so I managed it very easily. The butterflies however, they were SO SO SO SO SO hard, I actually found them harder, and more fustrating, than the 200 lightning strikes, it took me longer too! (The lightning strikes took be around 5 hours straight of trying, I was THAT dedicated, lol, it better be a gold trophy on the PS3 version!)

Lol I did all those but I found butterflys most annoying, do all these with no encounters or with capture swords to rack up the captured monsters :). I remember capturing everything then dieing a lot on the elite versions of the monsters.

darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

really?  I don't find either of them particularly challenging.  I think my first time doing the butterflies thing I did it in like 10 tries, the negative time on the chocobo was maybe 15-20 times?  just a matter of finding the pattern.  I think my record on chocobo times is like -5 or something, maybe -6.  

ah well, no worries.  I'll do it again.  Lightning bolts was the worst for me becuase it was so easy to accidentally mess one up.  I once got to 189 and messed up.  was not happy, and that shit takes forever even if you find the lightning sweet spot.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

really?  I don't find either of them particularly challenging.  I think my first time doing the butterflies thing I did it in like 10 tries, the negative time on the chocobo was maybe 15-20 times?  just a matter of finding the pattern.  I think my record on chocobo times is like -5 or something, maybe -6.  

ah well, no worries.  I'll do it again.  Lightning bolts was the worst for me becuase it was so easy to accidentally mess one up.  I once got to 189 and messed up.  was not happy, and that shit takes forever even if you find the lightning sweet spot.  

To tell you the truth, I think I did it with random encounters on.  But it was so long ago I can't remember.  I only did the lightning challenge twice.

While their at it, why not include ff x-2 for the full experience or something.

Equally as excited for both but if their is a limited edition or something like that announced for FFX then that would get my vote.