By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

Tekken wont be successful on the Wii U at all unless its purely selling in Japan. This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. The only reason it sold well on the 360 as well is because the 360 crowd majorly was the lost group that split from the PS2 crowd. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Tekken wont be successful on the Wii U at all unless its purely selling in Japan. This game is purely for the PS3/360/Arcade. The only reason it sold well on the 360 as well is because the 360 crowd majorly was the lost group that split from the PS2 crowd. 

It's impossible to gauge just how well Tekken will fare on WiiU, as it has never appeared on a Nintendo console before.  Being that it won't come very late, if it has good advertising it could increase its chances for success.  I can see it now:  A WiiU specific commercial that highlights whatever they're doing with the controller and ends with Snoop Dogg saying, "Tekken for Wizzle U-nizzle, foos!  Ya heard?"  

One million copies sold in the US, guaranteed.    

spurgeonryan said:
I think the graphics and power of the Wii U are going to be just fine. Maybe in a year or so the PS4 and 720 will be more powerful, but that is a given. 3rd party games may need higher resolution, and whatever else, but Nintendo games always look nice no matter what. So who really cares? I would have been a little upset if they were not a little better than current gen HD consoles though. That is just because I am ready to see Zelda in HD. No more excuses, or any other reasons. The GC/Wii version was fine, but I really want it to pop this time around.
Maybe I am the only one?

You certainly are not the only one. I`m dying to see a Zelda HD masterpiece, as great graphics would add a lot to the Zelda atmosphere.

lilbroex said:

The things Sony fans do try to deny Nitendo's gains. Its saddening.

The most typical method. Take one isolated scenario out of a dozens. Put all focus on that scenario while ignoring all otherg fervently. Insist only the most negative possibility of said scenario over and over again.

=Typical response I see from Sony fanatics.

Because apparently, only one type of gamer makes up the majority of the games sells and because they need an additional option, they will ignore all other benefits.

Did anyone catch where he said there would was plenty of graphical power left over? Not only will this be the most superior version graphically but it doesn't even come close to maxing out the graphical potential of the system. Though, we will just let everyone continue to misinterpret the Arkham City screenshots and insist the the Wii U has less graphicall power.

nope could you point it out to me? 

I only saw this "there was still some power left over for graphic capabilities so the graphics chips seems to be pretty decent."

Also source for the game looking better on Wii U, or are you just guessing? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Interesting. Thanks for info. Would be really really neat to see the finalized distance. Lots of potential

Indeed! This was one of the biggest things about the WiiU for me. Don't think it'll work for every game (e.g. ZombiU), but most games it should be fine...

And what about the other, small games that were shown last E3? What about that Chess game while the WiiU was turned off, for example? And the Wii Remote-WiiU compatibility (like the shooting demo and the golf demo)? I have a feeling Nintendo are keeping a LOT of WiiU features a secret for now, for whatever reason...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
archbrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It's impossible to gauge just how well Tekken will fare on WiiU, as it has never appeared on a Nintendo console before.  Being that it won't come very late, if it has good advertising it could increase its chances for success.  I can see it now:  A WiiU specific commercial that highlights whatever they're doing with the controller and ends with Snoop Dogg saying, "Tekken for Wizzle U-nizzle, foos!  Ya heard?"  

Keep dreaming. You see the consoles  of choice for that  particular game still exist and are still within generational time. Secondly the Wii U wont be out  in time for Tekken Tag 2. It will be late by a month or so, better looking or not. Last of all Nintendo lost their fighting game fanatics to Sony (generations ago) and now since Sonys share has been split between it and Microsoft there you have it. If this game gets one million copies sold it will be in Japan. Tatsunoko vs Capcom only sold .48 M on the Wii. If it was on the PS3/360 it wouldve sold around three to four million copies. Outside of SSMB Nintendo hasnt been the console of choice the whole six years of the Wiis existence. Second of all the Wii U controller is definitely not the controller of choice for fighters either. They will need to buy the Wii U pro or an arcade stick.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
archbrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Keep dreaming. You see the consoles  of choice for that  particular game still exist and are still within generational time. Secondly the Wii U wont be out  in time for Tekken Tag 2. It will be late by a month or so, better looking or not. Last of all Nintendo lost their fighting game fanatics to Sony (generations ago) and now since Sonys share has been split between it and Microsoft there you have it. If this game gets one million copies sold it will be in Japan. Tatsunoko vs Capcom only sold .48 M on the Wii. If it was on the PS3/360 it wouldve sold around three to four million copies. Outside of SSMB Nintendo hasnt been the console of choice the whole six years of the Wiis existence. Second of all the Wii U controller is definitely not the controller of choice for fighters either. They will need to buy the Wii U pro or an arcade stick.

Oh no no no no, we're not starting this argument again. Tatsunoko vs Capcom might have sold 1 million, combined, PS360, perhaps. But that's because nobody outside of Japan knows who the fuck Tatsunoko is. They may know of one or two Tatsunoko characters, but the company as a whole? No. And a crossover fighting game doesn't work if you don't know who half the people are.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

TvC is not a good example
a better one would be SoulCalibur 2 selling 1.5m against the 2.m of the PS2 v.
despite the huge leap in the userbase

DieAppleDie said:
TvC is not a good example
a better one would be SoulCalibur 2 selling 1.5m against the 2.m of the PS2 v.
despite the huge leap in the userbase

It shows how the fighting fans have shifted since the GC generation. An interesting occurance. TvC isnt a good example but its the only true fighter on the  console. 

Or Link is the only Nintendo character they needed inserted into TTT2.