By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo didnt moneyhat Monster Hunter.

This topic is one of the most controversial. On one side you have people saying Nintendo obviously moneyhatted to get Monster Hunter exclusive as far as we can see. On the other hand you people saying Nintendo didn't have to moneyhat Monster Hunter to get it exclusive. I am on the latter side. I don't see any reason for why Capcom would want it released for the Vita at all. Why not release it for a platform that would actually do really well compared to one that was destined to lose regardless of having it or not and would rely on it to sell in the first place. Capcom already benefits from it being released to a larger userbase and cheaper development cost. Before anyone says well this decision was made before 3DS and Vita released so we had no clue how they were gonna sell? Well obviously Capcom made an educated guess, and last Gen Sony had Monster Hunter and wasn't victorious so what exactly was gonna change those same results this time. What I'm trying to say is Nintendo didn't have to moneyhat because it was a smart chose from the start. Remember the DS wasn't strong enough and the Wii got Monster Hunter over the PS3 so why wouldn't the 3DS take it as well? 

P.S. I made this thread because I don't like the assumption of Nintendo moneyhatting Monster Hunter when such a decision was made probably because it was a smart decision.

Around the Network

Monster Hunter would do better on Nintendo systems, because of the lack of competition for grindfests with crap camera controls.

Capcom knows this, which is why they are only too happy to present such a game on a Nintendo system.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Monster Hunter 4 is part of the generally console series which appeared on PS2, and then Wii. The fact MH3 was a Wii-exclusive already meant the series was on Nintendo consoles,, 3DS is the natural next console really, as doing a full HD type production on PS3 or Wii-U isn't gonna happen for a Japanese centric franchise.

The Monster Hunter Portable () of which all 3 versions released on the PSP - and the series which skyrocketed it to juggernaut status in Japan imo will remain on Playstation and be a Vita exclusive. It's a few years off and whatever, but the reality is the 3DS MH is a sequel to a Wii game, not a PSP game, and when they make the PSP sequel it'll be on Vita (Albeit exclusivity isn't guarenteed I guess).

The problem is people on here don't actually play or have an interest in the series, so they think the 3DS game is like, the sequel to the PSP one, when it isn't. It's still a big deal though, but not as big as deal as people think.

Capcom just had faith in the 3DS and they wanted to support it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Apparently since Capcom is supporting Nintendo systems, we must assume that Nintendo is moneyhatting.

Must be because nobody thinks Capcom is capable of making excellent business decisions on their own (anymore).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

The last MH game would have sold a lot more on the PSP than it did on the 3DS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

@Degausser That could very well be just a name change you realize calling the Vita version portable would be ridiculous considering Monster Hunter 4 is on a portable, and Monster Hunter Portable is probably gone. The WiiU could get a monster hunter port of the 3DS game similar to the PS3 port from PSP before the Vita even gets one.

@spurgeonryan And yes I did consider the 3DS not doing so hot, like I said which was more likely to do well 3DS or Vita? Its called an educated guess and obviously they were right.

Signalstar said:
The last MH game would have sold a lot more on the PSP than it did on the 3DS.

On the other hand, it gave Capcom a fairly inexpensive opportunity to create a Monster Hunter fanbase on a handheld with several more years of life ahead of it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Eh,even xbox 360 has its own monster hunter,how can people think vita will be left out?

Well, they moneyhatted the entire company then... because so far only two ports of Fighting games have been announced for Vita, while 3DS is getting a lot of love.

Super Street Fighter 4
2 new Resident Evil
1 upgraded Monster Hunter plus 1 new MH
EX Troopers

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - I think Capcom is making the story
Project X-Zone

And even "games" like Megaman Legends 3 that was killed not because of the 3DS show support
Capcom is simply giving more trust to 3DS than Vita.