By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo didnt moneyhat Monster Hunter.

phenom08 said:
@oniyide I agree with what your saying, but honestly I don't see why they would need to moneyhat when it's better off on the 3DS. It only went to PSP because DS didn't have the power. So in other words Vita may get a port in a couple of years but the problem with that is what else can sell it, so if it continues at this pace then it may not at all. Then again the 360 got one, which may be coming to the Vita. That wouldn't be good because it's a spinoff but I guess something is better than nothing.

Its not like Capcom has been in love with Ninty in the pass, its kind of hit or miss. Looking at the WIi library confirms it, for every one MHTri or Tvs. C we get like two RE lightgun games or games that have been just thrown out there for the hell of it. 3ds has only been out for a little more than a year and its already getting better support overall than either DS or Wii did in their entire lifetimes. A REAL RE a REAL SF, etc. There is no way in hell that Capcom all of a sudden just decided they love Ninty, no way. Especially in regards to MH where the PSP has been so good to that series. I still say we'll see a MH on Vita or even another system sooner or later, but honestly it makes no difference to me and most of the people on this side of the globe, just ammo for lame console wars

Around the Network

So... Nintendo didn't moneyhat Capcom because they didn't need to since Capcom already decided to not make money with a Monster Hunter on Playstation Vita?

Seems legit.

I agree that MH Vita will be annouced, maybe even soon - who knows? - but until there - especially if it takes too long, Vita needs to start putting some good numbers, because in 2 years, by what's happening so far in the Japanese market, 3DS will be so dominating it'll be not even funny. In the next month alone, 3DS will sell what vita did in the whole year!

Anyway, the scenario is still so strange to me (the whole "Sony CAN'T be that dumb to let this go" thing) that I still expect something Vita related in TGS - even if just a port or something.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
So... Nintendo didn't moneyhat Capcom because they didn't need to since Capcom already decided to not make money with a Monster Hunter on Playstation Vita?

Seems legit.

Because they can make more money with it on 3DS?

Herolink7 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Seems legit.

Because they can make more money with it on 3DS?

Not true. They would obviously earn even more money by promoting both consoles. Heck, some Monster Hunter fans would even buy both versions.

Around the Network

How many Monster Hunter games are multiplatformal? So why are people constantly saying why not both? Games don't have to be like that if they don't need to be, if they have a dedicated fanbase they don't need to be available for different platforms.

@oniyide You should let go of the past, Capcom may have not trusted in the Wii and DS as much since they had not proved them selves. It isn't like Nintendo was leading before those platforms. After their success Capcom may have realized Nintendo is beginning to takeover so why not support them a little more as market leader. Nintendo and Capcom are both Japenese companies correct? Nintendo is definitely dominating Japan, so why wouldn't Capcom support that platform.

phenom08 said:
@2000cc So in other words, you are waiting for a Monster Hunter Portable even though Monster Hunter 4 is portable game and not on home consoles. They could have been named that because they were released for portables while the main entry are released for home consoles. This time that wouldn't make any sense at all.

It's hard to explain to people who arn't really fans of the series really. It is a bigger distinguishment then just having 'Portable' in the title. Moving the 'normal' series to handheld should have a bigger impact on thing though, but I dunno, all I can tell you is that after MH4 there wil be a MHP4, and it'll be a bigger deal in Japan, whatever console(s) it is on. 

phenom08 said:
How many Monster Hunter games are multiplatformal? So why are people constantly saying why not both? Games don't have to be like that if they don't need to be, if they have a dedicated fanbase they don't need to be available for different platforms.

@oniyide You should let go of the past, Capcom may have not trusted in the Wii and DS as much since they had not proved them selves. It isn't like Nintendo was leading before those platforms. After their success Capcom may have realized Nintendo is beginning to takeover so why not support them a little more as market leader. Nintendo and Capcom are both Japenese companies correct? Nintendo is definitely dominating Japan, so why wouldn't Capcom support that platform.

what you're saying makes no sense, DS and Wii dominated they DID take over, but where was the overwhelming support for those systems?? Wjy trust Ninty now and not before when there products were really dominating?? It makes no sense, moneyhatting. 

Funny you ask why MH should be multiplatformal, but you are one of the ones complaining about certain games not coming to your preffered system, kinda makes you sound like a hypocrite.

Can you honestly imagine Nintendo spending millions just for a third party game which isn't even that big outside of Japan? Nintendo is way too stingy for moneyhatting games. I think capcom did go 3DS because a) They were assuming the 3DS would just like the DS dominate the handheld market and b) they can pretty much reuse the PSP engine. It's just a smart business decision, nothing more.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

^^^
THIS