By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - No Hope for the Dark Knight Rises domestic Box office (450 million tops)!

Will The Dark Knight Rises cross the $1B mark?

Yes 22 66.67%

No 9 27.27%

It will do the impossible... 2 6.06%

Total:33
NotStan said:
I am actually surprised, thought all the media coverage would encourage people to see it. But I guess a lot of the people are scared of the fact that it can happen in their cinema, all it takes is one batshit crazy lunatic to ruin something for everyone else it seems.

I know people a year or two older than me (20 year old's) who would rather shit their pants than to watch The Dark Knight Rises due to the shooting in Colarado. 

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
NotStan said:
I am actually surprised, thought all the media coverage would encourage people to see it. But I guess a lot of the people are scared of the fact that it can happen in their cinema, all it takes is one batshit crazy lunatic to ruin something for everyone else it seems.

I know people a year or two older than me (20 year old's) who would rather shit their pants than to watch The Dark Knight Rises due to the shooting in Colarado. 

I personally find that a bit stupid, but at the same time I can see why people would be afraid of that. After all, we all think differently when it comes to shit like that.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I really wonder do other countries get the news of the shootings? Being an American myself I never hear about tragic events in other countries unless its like a huge landslide,flood,hurricane.

NotStan said:
dsage01 said:
NotStan said:

I personally find that a bit stupid, but at the same time I can see why people would be afraid of that. After all, we all think differently when it comes to shit like that.

I'm sure a lot of people would have thought 'Why risk my life over a piece of entertainment, sure, nothings probably gonna happen but there's still a risk so let's not take it.'...esp people with families and stuff, it aint just thinking about yourself but your kids/loved ones as well...I'm sure there were a lot of worried parents in the us last weekend (and I doubt they were worrying over whether TDKR was gonna gross more than Avengers or not)

Movie revenue is just down in general in North American box office. Spiderman 3 made more money in 25 days than the new spidey movie. Other examples are ice age 4 made less than previous one. For the sake of discussion even the latest Twilight movie (breaking dawn part 1) made less money than Eclipse.

This is all despite the fact the newer movies played on more screens, the prices of tickets have gone up around 12-15% where i live in the last 4 years and prices of imax and ultra avx is even more.

So people are just watching less movies.

Around the Network

I watched it last friday. Its a really good movie, no matter what anyone says.

With that said, i dont care wether it makes the top spot in revenue or not, aslong as its close and garantees we get more of these, wich seems to be the case. Therefore i am satisfied.

Farsala said:
I really wonder do other countries get the news of the shootings? Being an American myself I never hear about tragic events in other countries unless its like a huge landslide,flood,hurricane.

Of course. Within minutes i found out about the tragedy

Mr Khan said:
Panama's right that there were several holes, though one must question whether the holes don't just work if you don't think about them too hard. Like the stock-exchange thing, or the rather egregious scientific errors with how they treated that supposedly-fusion nuclear device.

I'm not so sure that matters though ... These are details that matter to the 1% of people who are "in the know" and the other 99% can just ignore it.

The only real plot hole I noticed or seen anyone complain about, and most of the rest are fairly minor mistakes and/or people complaining that Christopher Nolan didn't make the first two movies 8 hours and introduce everything and everyone. 

pezus said:
Nem said:
I watched it last friday. Its a really good movie, no matter what anyone says.

With that said, i dont care wether it makes the top spot in revenue or not, aslong as its close and garantees we get more of these, wich seems to be the case. Therefore i am satisfied.

Nolan won't be making other Batman movies. There is a small possibility he will continue making movies in the Gotham/DC Universe though (given the ending)

It is one of the main reasons I'm really curious about The Man of Steel ...

Producers can have a pretty major influence on a movie, and can Christopher Nolan create a series that is as compelling as his Batman movies as a producer?

If he can, Nolan could probably work as a director on projects that interest him while still producing movies in the DC Universe; and we could end up with more good movies that way.

HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:
Panama's right that there were several holes, though one must question whether the holes don't just work if you don't think about them too hard. Like the stock-exchange thing, or the rather egregious scientific errors with how they treated that supposedly-fusion nuclear device.

I'm not so sure that matters though ... These are details that matter to the 1% of people who are "in the know" and the other 99% can just ignore it.

The only real plot hole I noticed or seen anyone complain about, and most of the rest are fairly minor mistakes and/or people complaining that Christopher Nolan didn't make the first two movies 8 hours and introduce everything and everyone. 

That's what i meant. The inconsistencies don't effect how viable they are for plot purposes (so i'm hesitant to call it out as actual bad writing for that), and would only bother people who knew better

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.