By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you always choose the same type of Pokemon to start with?

I usually start with water pokémon in my first playthroughs, because it makes some things easier and that I reject most wild water pokémo either way.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Okay, let's see here:

Squirtle - Totodile - Torchic

Guess I prefer water types. Here's why I stay away from Grass types:

Simply too many weaknesses.

I've always played w every single started cause I didn't really play much online so I used to restart the game to play w the 3 starters and eventually w wild Pokemon but I like better water Pokemon, fire would come next and then grass... Hehe!

When I used to play, I went by how they looked and which final evolution was most badass looking.

Type was irrelevant to me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Water types for life! .

My first playthrough on any pokemon game has always been made with a Water type, and it'll continue to be so as long as they make pokemon games .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

It's already past time they make different types available as starters. Who cares about "oh, my rival is stronger against mine" anymore

I want a Fight starter! Or Dark!

Fire starter all the bloody way for me!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I'm always fire for my main version, and for my secondary game I chose water...I hardly choose grass, there always a pain in the ass to train and I effective to like everything and never learn any good moves...the only grass pokemon I liked was treeko

I always start with fire Pokemon because their third evolutionary stages are all awesome! Charizard, typhlosion, blaziken, infernape and emboar!!

I always start with all three...I'm kind of obsessive, you know. seriously, I start with one, then I get to a certain point before saving it and trading it off to my friend. I then start up my second game and get to a certain point, then I trade mine back, then I start my first game again and chose the third starter (I get both iterations of most generations), that way I have all three starters. my black/White party is so far my fave. got 12 pokeymans, enough for two full parties.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android