By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67
Ajescent said:
I guess folks outside the uk can't access the BBC websites?

I believe that they can see the site, just not the vids. Not certain though. Well, Canada are putting up a bit of a fight anyway!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I doubt it would work. When I was in Florida I couldn't get iplayer or any bbc video feeds.
My cousin who was with me (the geeky type) got the feeds by using his London home server's VPN ... or something like that.

Back to the olympics, I can play football better than those girls and I'm crap at it.

Huh. Dunno then...

And the Women's footballers are good for Women :p

Anyone noticed how the North Korea game is delayed? That's because of the South Korean flag being shown mistakingly. Whoops!

And the other matches are one-sided. 4-0 Brazil against Cameroon, which has nearly finished, and 3-0 to Sweden against South Africa, coming into the second half...

Just saw it on the news. What a cockup. Oh well, that's Scotland for you. Probably deliberate.

Around the Network

What were the final scores?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Bummer, North Korea beat Colombia :(

Ajescent said:
What were the final scores?

GBR 1-0 NZL BRA 5-0 CAM USA 4-2 FRA DRK 2-0 EST JPN 2-1 CAN SWE 4-1 RSA I think, lots of goals!

From BBC news:

The London 2012 Olympics will show the world "beyond doubt that Britain can deliver", the prime minister has said.

"Look at what we're capable of ... even at a difficult economic time," he said, after US presidential candidate Mitt Romney raised doubts about the Games.

At the Olympic Park in east London, David Cameron said: "This is a great moment for us. Let's seize it."

Olympic organisers have apologised to North Korean athletes whose images were shown next to the South Korean flag.

2 Greek athletes have been banned from the olympics! A women did a racist tweet and got banned, and a male high jumper (I think) tested positive in a drugs test.