By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Nevermind...

Around the Network

By the looks of it we are out of the women's team sprint. Boardman on BBC text thing said something about overtaking but I can't see full details. Rewatching it, I can't see anything different between us and the other team but then, I don't have the trained eye.

Hmm, pie.

kowenicki said:
justinian said:
Haha! Just made a £20.00 wager with an American workmate who claimed that GB cannot win more than one gold in an event that doesn't involve "sitting on your ass".

"Sitting on your ass" events are cycling, rowing, canoeing, equestrian etc.,

you won that bet quick

No! We agreed shooting, archery etc, don't count. It must be something that requires a high degree of athletism.

The GB women's have been disqualified.

This is horrible.

Around the Network

GB vs China in the women's final would have been epic.

Ultimately rules are rules and if someone else had done it I would have wanted them dq'ed.

kowenicki said:
justinian said:
kowenicki said:
justinian said:
Haha! Just made a £20.00 wager with an American workmate who claimed that GB cannot win more than one gold in an event that doesn't involve "sitting on your ass".

"Sitting on your ass" events are cycling, rowing, canoeing, equestrian etc.,

you won that bet quick

No! We agreed shooting, archery etc, don't count. It must be something that requires a high degree of athletism.

The GB women's have been disqualified.

cycling doesnt take a high degree athletic effort?

anyway

you will still win the bet tonight with Pendleton hopefully.

You mean Adlington and hopefully yes. That Danish swimmer could be dangerous, though. Went close in judo but....

kowenicki said:
justinian said:
GB vs China in the women's final would have been epic.

Ultimately rules are rules and if someone else had done it I would have wanted them dq'ed.

I wouldnt, unless it was major... if we are talking inches or a few feet then its silly.

I didnt think the germans should have been dq'd in the World Championships.

and what makes it worse is that it has some discretion for the judges.... a rule with discretion is never a good rule.

As you said discretion is never good when applied to rules, espeicially when the stakes are so high.

I still think if you break them regardless of who you are you pay the price, no matter how fine the margin. It's the only way that any system can really work.

Pendleton isn't making much of a song and dance about it and seem quite "upbeat" so she must have accepted it, which is good.

Forget it and move on. That's the attitude.

@ just why doesn't shooting count in your bet,seems a bit unfair,doesn't sound easy shooting to me

blimey shame about disqualification,how dare they it cost £100 million this new track,those frenchies again

Above & Beyond

WOW South africa up to 3 gold! If we get one more then that would be our best Olympic performance since readmission

Amazing! its really been unexpected..the hype has been so low around our Olympic team, probably because of how badly we done in Beijing. Typical south african mentality..only support teams when they do well. Thats why half the country are Man United fans...*sigh*

Anyways im looking forward to the rest of the games looks to be a good one for us!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|