By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Another medal (Bronze - female judo) to Brazil.

Around the Network

Shame about that disqualification, but I feel like there's many more to come...

Like the men's who just smashed another wr!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Surprised at how poorly Auzzies and Russia are doing...I expect Gold in the 'drome today!

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Another medal (Bronze - female judo) to Brazil.

surprised you dont get more tbh, nice climate, huge population and sports are a big thing there arent they?

Well... the government doesn't invest in sports so the rich sports (that need infrastructure) is almost reserved to less than 10% of the population.

Eg. I like tennis but I have to pay a lot to reserve a court 1-2 hours per week... there are no public (free) tennis court here.

That's why football (soccer) is so popular here... because it's cheap to play... you play in anywhere (streets) with any kind of ball (even paper)... there are a lot of public football field free for all.

Another exemple... the Cielo (swimmer) don't train in Brazil... he lives and trains in the US due the poor infrastructure here.

We need greater incentives for sports other than football.

Looking at the time China just set in the Womens Sprint Britain would almost certainly have got the gold there if it weren't for the DQ :(

Around the Network

Next Brazil hopes for Gold is Cielo in 50m free.

Well, looks like we're still gonna dominate in the velodrome, even with the disqualification...at least a silver guaranteed now!

zuvuyeay said:

@ just why doesn't shooting count in your bet,seems a bit unfair,doesn't sound easy shooting to me

blimey shame about disqualification,how dare they it cost £100 million this new track,those frenchies again

Just an agreement we came to not to include "stationary" sports.

From those replays it doesn't look like the chinese women broke the rules.

kowenicki said:
Farce... now China demoted

and how can you win a medal if you break the rules? this is silly.

You are relegated in the race that you broke the rules in. It's a two "horse" race so you can only fall one place down.

That's why GB finished 8th.

I know you already know this but just reiterating.

Another Gold for Britain!