By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Wow, what a dominant performance from Team GB in the rowing today! 3rd, 1st in the Repechages, and a dominant 1st in the Doubles Sculls for a place in the final!

Swimming has been OK as well, with a Brit winning a heat and qualifying in 7th.

Tom Daley will be diving at 3PM, that'll be one to watch. Our first Gold of the games? Doubtful, but maybe...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Turkey-China womens volleybal is amazing.

The Australia-GB match in the Men's Fours should be one to watch!

And yeah, great Volleyball! Turkey recovering to win the 3rd 30-28 was really something!

Well, it may be a bit delayed, but this is the current medals table, of of 30th July 12:00 BST:

RankCountryGoldSilverBronzeTotal
1 6 4 2 12
2 3 5 3 11
3 2 3 2 7
4 2 1 2 5
5 2 1 1 4
6 2 0 1 3
7 2 0 0 2
8 1 1 1 3
8 1 1 1 3
8 1 1 1 3
11 1 1 0 2
12 1 0 3 4
13 1 0 0 1
13 1 0 0 1
15 0 2 3 5
16 0 1 1 2
17 0 1 0 1
17 0 1 0 1
17 0 1 0 1
17 0 1 0 1
17 0 1 0 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1
22 0 0 1 1

I'm particularly impressed by North Korea, with those 2 Golds, and also Italy.

This time last games, GB had the one gold and a bronze, so we're on-track really. But the US need to watch out, they're not far away from Italy or even South Korea, who'll likely win yet more medals today. 

The Olympics are pissing me off

All those empty seats. Id happily go and watch the majority of these events. Azarenka vs Begu. So many empty seats. I hate the organisers for how they've done this...

Sky high ticket prices due to the corporate bullshit.

Around the Network

Just so I dont sound like a wanker... I actually think the games themselves are great. I love it, but the businessmen and women have ruined it for the vast majority of people.

As for my post above. Apparently, there are no tickets available to buy... Thousands of empty seats. Go figure.

Carl2291 said:
The Olympics are pissing me off

All those empty seats. Id happily go and watch the majority of these events. Azarenka vs Begu. So many empty seats. I hate the organisers for how they've done this...

Sky high ticket prices due to the corporate bullshit.

The tickets are being put back on sale:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19048918

I agree it's frustrating, but there's little you can do. The public seats are pretty much sold out; it's the corporate seats which aren't represented. 

South Korea vs Serbia in volleyball, Serbia is showing a lot of fight.

Some great battles here in the Women's Weightlifting!

has it always been the Russian federation,Russia is how i like it one of the more beautiful names

do you kno whow many people can be in the olympic park at once then and can you just rock and buy a ticket especially whn people are not turning up to the events and how much does the park ticket cost out of interest,i could look it up but i am lazy

Above & Beyond