By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67
Conegamer said:
zuvuyeay said:
Conegamer said:
zuvuyeay said:
i like the drum noise on the replay its like a video game or something,

regarding womens football,i think the pitch needs to be smaller really but then people go PC crazy

The issue with making the pitch smaller is that people would just go crazy and call it sexist. Crazy I know, but true...

yes i know but i've watched a fair bit of womens football and apart from the usa,its like watching schoolkids playing a mans game,no harm in the facts

i would carry on about kits and why i watch alot of womens sport but i don't want to get itno a sexist argument witht he PC brigade telling me women don't use their sex appeal to get what they want

No, I agree with you. Infact, that discussion was in this very thread! Women's football is still a fledgling game (and even the US didn't look that sharp on Wednesday...), the arguments from feminists would go along the lines of saying' Women are weaker!' and 'Women deserve the same as men!' etc., despite the fact that pretty much every other sport they do less, and that's OK...but that's another argument again. 

And Women don't use sex appeal to attract viewers? How many people do you think watch Beach Volleyball for the sport?

(I'm not one of those people, it bores me, but I know plenty of people who watch Beach Volleyball for 'something else'...)

well we better stop besause we don't  want to derail your thread about women being fit and good to watch at the peak of their sports

being a fledgling sport has nothing to do with it,it will never have leagues like men sports because they don't watch it like men watch sports,its a simple as that,thats why the olympics is a good stage and their main event,thats what teh olympics is for,minor sports

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

I really wanted to see the Olympic facilities etc. so I got tickets to the Olympic Park + a Paralympic event called "Goalball" haha

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Another cock-up from the Olympics, Archery event had to turn people away because it was listed as "unticketed" people thought it meant it was an open access event.

Also, what are people's opinion on the Welsh and Scottish peeps refusing to sing the GB National Anthem?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Conegamer said:

-Bolt admits in an interview with the BBC that whilst not 100% fit, he is 95% fit and is hoping to defend his Olympic golds from Beijing. He also concedes that the past few months have been very hard for him, what with injury and 'lackluster form':

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I wanted him to break his record in London...

Yes, the Archery thing is a bit of a non-issue, what is an issue for me is the BBC not wanting to show it ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Yes, the Archery thing is a bit of a non-issue, what is an issue for me is the BBC not wanting to show it ¬_¬

I know! I wanted to see it :/

And good idea Radishhead! But don't forget about the cost of accomodation...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

man-bear-pig said:
Conegamer said:

-Bolt admits in an interview with the BBC that whilst not 100% fit, he is 95% fit and is hoping to defend his Olympic golds from Beijing. He also concedes that the past few months have been very hard for him, what with injury and 'lackluster form':

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I wanted him to break his record in London...

He still could, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Someone else could break it though! 

And what about the prices for the tickets to the opening ceremony? £2012 ($3000)! Crazy! It'd better be good...

Conegamer said:
Ajescent said:

I know! I wanted to see it :/

And good idea Radishhead! But don't forget about the cost of accomodation...

Accomodation costs? I'm only there for a day xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Conegamer said:
yo_john117 said:
I can't wait for the Olympics. Won't be able to watch very many events but I'll watch what I can (especially the opening ceremony). Is this going to be the official Olympics thread Conegamer?

Yes. And I'm gonna resdesign the OP tomorrow with all of the events for that day. Today the only one is Archery, which I believe is the only event NOT to be televised...

Maybe on ESPN(?)

LET'S GO KNICKS

HabinoBR said:
Conegamer said:
yo_john117 said:
I can't wait for the Olympics. Won't be able to watch very many events but I'll watch what I can (especially the opening ceremony). Is this going to be the official Olympics thread Conegamer?

Yes. And I'm gonna resdesign the OP tomorrow with all of the events for that day. Today the only one is Archery, which I believe is the only event NOT to be televised...

Maybe on ESPN(?)

It might be (dunno), but if it's not on the BBC, I doubt it'll be ANYWHERE :/