By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's Iwata: "we just do not care what kind of 'more beef' console Microsoft and Sony might produce"

Cobretti2 said:
o_O.Q said:
so let me get this straight... one minute they're saying that the wii u won't be underpowered compared to whatever microsoft and sony decide to release... but the next they don't care?

why would they care about something they have no control over. Look at it this way. Once WiiU launches there is nothing stopping Sony or Micrososft pulling one apart and saying well this is what they offering, lets double it.

I bet if they annouced that their system would have 6 core CPU, HD 7770 GPU, 4GB RAM and 1TB hdd,  Sony and Microssoft would say lets double it. and WiiU would still be seen outdated

its a dog chasing it's tale scenaro.

If Sony doubles that they will go bankrupt

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
o_O.Q said:
so let me get this straight... one minute they're saying that the wii u won't be underpowered compared to whatever microsoft and sony decide to release... but the next they don't care?

why would they care about something they have no control over. Look at it this way. Once WiiU launches there is nothing stopping Sony or Micrososft pulling one apart and saying well this is what they offering, lets double it.

I bet if they annouced that their system would have 6 core CPU, HD 7770 GPU, 4GB RAM and 1TB hdd,  Sony and Microssoft would say lets double it. and WiiU would still be seen outdated

agreed but if thats the case they shouldn't speculate on what the compitition may do at all because it makes them look hypocritical

o_O.Q said:
Cobretti2 said:
o_O.Q said:

agreed but if thats the case they shouldn't speculate on what the compitition may do at all because it makes them look hypocritical

What should they do if all the media knows nothing else but ask Ninty about how outdated WiiU is gonna be next to the other two? It's just annoying how ppl care about that! Neither Microsft or Sony are gonna launch a Monster-console cause developing costs will go even higher than most developers can handle, it would be even worse than releasing an outdated system...

M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep...you are right on the money. They have been talking about unreleased consoles of the opposition as much as they have talked about the wiiu at this point :P Right after the negative feedbacks for E3 conference started PR like this has been very very frequent from them. Let's be honest here, they haven't done a great job in doing the things you just mentioned. The best thing about the current wiiU line up for a non mario fan is the Rayman Legends...which I'm 100% will hit other consoles next year. They can say all they want about not caring....but if they didn't they won't be talking so much about it either :PI'm guessing they are worried about having a similar situation with the non nintendo core and 3rd parties next gen as they did this gen. Let's see how Iwata and the rest 'bring it' at the Nintendo event (what's it called again? The one they have for the wiiu launch)

And I saw someone above mention something about xbox and PS adjusting their specs to have a bigger lead over wiiu 'after' the system launches...so far all the specs known/rumored/leaked point to them aiming for systems that will be better than Wiiu easily. And besides I'm no tech guru but I doubt other than small things like RAM will be changed if MSony are to release their system next year.

Muge, if they're doing damage control, it's cause people are giving them flack for having a console that isn't a powerhouse. In all fairness, what do Basil's suggestions have to do with the OP? Nintendo is a company after all, they have to do damage control PR when people are criticising. Also, they are not ready to showcase yet, so what Basil is asking for is not something they can offer.

Even if they could, it doesn't make what Iwata is saying less critical in response to those who doubt their hardware strategy.

o_O.Q said:
Cobretti2 said:
o_O.Q said:

Highly doubt it, but maybe Nintendo have a vague idea of what the next xbox and ps4 specs will be?, as a big company they must have some kind of spy in the other companies, I know it sounds weird and a little movie cliche but in today's economy everything is possible

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep...you are right on the money. They have been talking about unreleased consoles of the opposition as much as they have talked about the wiiu at this point :P Right after the negative feedbacks for E3 conference started PR like this has been very very frequent from them. Let's be honest here, they haven't done a great job in doing the things you just mentioned. The best thing about the current wiiU line up for a non mario fan is the Rayman Legends...which I'm 100% will hit other consoles next year. They can say all they want about not caring....but if they didn't they won't be talking so much about it either :PI'm guessing they are worried about having a similar situation with the non nintendo core and 3rd parties next gen as they did this gen. Let's see how Iwata and the rest 'bring it' at the Nintendo event (what's it called again? The one they have for the wiiu launch)

And I saw someone above mention something about xbox and PS adjusting their specs to have a bigger lead over wiiu 'after' the system launches...so far all the specs known/rumored/leaked point to them aiming for systems that will be better than Wiiu easily. And besides I'm no tech guru but I doubt other than small things like RAM will be changed if MSony are to release their system next year.

Muge, if they're doing damage control, it's cause people are giving them flack for having a console that isn't a powerhouse. In all fairness, what do Basil's suggestions have to do with the OP? Nintendo is a company after all, they have to do damage control PR when people are criticising. Also, they are not ready to showcase yet, so what Basil is asking for is not something they can offer.

Even if they could, it doesn't make what Iwata is saying less critical in response to those who doubt their hardware strategy.

They simply should not say anything. I mean really, Nintendo got flack for wii as well for being less powerful. It's nothing new. The best way to approach this imho is to not address the opposition at all...especially when they themselves don't know what they will come up with. Ok imagine this, next E3, sony and ms comes out with their new consoles and showcase some new games that will blow away anything WiiU has produced up to that point. At such a time EVEN if the hardware themseleves are not that more powerful, the media and a lot of gamers will go after Ninty for that. What then? It's better to just ignore and do a wait and see approach. At the moment this just comes off as damage control which is not a good thing when your system isn't even out yet. As basil said they should focus on their games, not just for launch but for the future. Rayman and zombU is a good start. Going after unknowns of the rivals is not a smart or needed thing to do.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

They simply should not say anything. I mean really, Nintendo got flack for wii as well for being less powerful. It's nothing new. The best way to approach this imho is to not address the opposition at all...especially when they themselves don't know what they will come up with. Ok imagine this, next E3, sony and ms comes out with their new consoles and showcase some new games that will blow away anything WiiU has produced up to that point. At such a time EVEN if the hardware themseleves are not that more powerful, the media and a lot of gamers will go after Ninty for that. What then? It's better to just ignore and do a wait and see approach. At the moment this just comes off as damage control which is not a good thing when your system isn't even out yet. As basil said they should focus on their games, not just for launch but for the future. Rayman and zombU is a good start. Going after unknowns of the rivals is not a smart or needed thing to do.

I agree with you. But Nintendo is a business, and there is media and investors opinions involved. If they say nothing about it, people will complain about their silence.

Wii U has no beef. 

And Tokyo Jungle wins again.

happydolphin said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I agree with you. But Nintendo is a business, and there is media and investors opinions involved. If they say nothing about it, people will complain about their silence.

If they have to say anything they can just say we are focusing on our own strengths. They can just say doesn't matter what they do we are brining the games and here they are. At the moment they are trying to downplay (graphics, power etc) the next xbox/PS even before anyone knows anything concrete about it.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

If they have to say anything they can just say we are focusing on our own strengths. They can just say doesn't matter what they do we are brining the games and here they are. At the moment they are trying to downplay (graphics, power etc) the next xbox/PS even before anyone knows anything concrete about it.

They are not trying to downplay it. They don't _believe_ it matters and have said so. It's their value system, and they're expressing it. They disagree with the graphics war and are making it clear that is not their intent.

At the same time, they're nuancing it with concerns for the needs of gamers to offer a level of fidelity, but reassert that it is _not_ for the purpose of fighting a war of attrition with their competitors. It's important for their investors and for the media to know that.

The problem is what we see in this thread, that whenever Nintendo tries to clarify their position, people instantly misunderstand it as either hypocrisy, downplaying, lack of focus, or anything else I can't think of.