By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's Iwata: "we just do not care what kind of 'more beef' console Microsoft and Sony might produce"

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'll just copy and paste a post I made earlier today...

The point is Nintendo have said they're after the hardcore, they've compared themselvs to the competition and they've said they want/are going to be close or so that far from Orbis/Durango technically whilst also saying they don't compare themselves to other companies or care about "what kind of 'more beef' console Microsoft and Sony produce"etc. and that's why people are pointing out the somewhat contradictory or hypocritical comments made by Nintendo about the Wii U. 

I don't think they are necessarily hypocritical. I think they are trying to please too many crowds.

Agreed, and in doing that they are appearing hypocritical. Though the more I think about it I actually think they're doing a decent job, getting core gamers back after 6 years of Wii is going to be... difficult, they could of handled it so much worse. You know, trying to keep investors and hardcore Ninty fans happy AND trying to attract some of the PS360 crowd.

They, instead of focusing on "Nintendo Fan", or hardcore gamer, or just the casuals, are wanting to calm all of us at one time. Hopefully it'll make more sense when they actually come out with the Wii U.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'll just copy and paste a post I made earlier today...

The point is Nintendo have said they're after the hardcore, they've compared themselvs to the competition and they've said they want/are going to be close or so that far from Orbis/Durango technically whilst also saying they don't compare themselves to other companies or care about "what kind of 'more beef' console Microsoft and Sony produce"etc. and that's why people are pointing out the somewhat contradictory or hypocritical comments made by Nintendo about the Wii U. 

I don't think they are necessarily hypocritical. I think they are trying to please too many crowds.

Agreed, and in doing that they are appearing hypocritical. Though the more I think about it I actually think they're doing a decent job, getting core gamers back after 6 years of Wii is going to be... difficult, they could of handled it so much worse. You know, trying to keep investors and hardcore Ninty fans happy AND trying to attract some of the PS360 crowd.

They, instead of focusing on "Nintendo Fan", or hardcore gamer, or just the casuals, are wanting to calm all of us at one time. Hopefully it'll make more sense when they actually come out with the Wii U.

Looks like we actually agreed on something, APM.

M.U.G.E.N said:
BasilZero said:
Why mention competitors? If they are doing their own thing (like they've been doing it for this whole generation), why worry or even mention the competition?

This is either some fake PR article or the heads of Nintendo are losing it as much as the people on forums who make crying threads about all the negative media surrounding the Wii-U.

It reeks of damage control from them tbh. And these statements have been coming out a LOT since E3 from them. Graphics don't matter...it won't be a big difference...we don't care if they are more powerful etc etc. I wonder if they have an idea of what the finalized specs would be for the next xbox and PS. Would be hilarious if we can get a leak from Ninty

My guess is it's signaling to publishers who might be hesitant to commit to Wii U development.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

kyu23 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
This is kind of hypocritical. I feel like they're sending mixed messages about the Wii U.

No because he said that doesn't matter the power of next Microsoft and Sony consoles, it doesn't change what he said that wii u will not be to much underpowered to those.

And historically underpowered consoles allaways do well on their gens, PS1, PS2, Wii.

The difference is that the PS1 and PS2 weren't as underpowered in their respective gens as the Wii was . In fact PS1 and PS2 were only slighty behind whereas the Wii was well below the standard . Also PS1 and PS2 got Great 1st and 3rd Party support THROUGHOUT Their gens, unlike the Wii which has pretty much no support left (And it's the MARKET LEADER!) Heck PS2 got GoW 2 and FFXII AFTER PS3 launched .

I didn't say it changed anything. The Wii and PS1/2 had the similarity about being weaker in their gens. That'ds wheree the similarities end is what i'm saying.

Around the Network

@TheFallen Exactly you had no reason to say what you said then, your just bitter about the Wii winning.

kyu23 said:

And historically underpowered consoles allaways do well on their gens, PS1, PS2, Wii.

Tell that to the Dreamcast, FM Towns Marty, Atari Jaguar, Casio PV-1000, Playdia, Intellivision, Casio Loopy, Neo Geo CD, Amiga CD32 and arguably the SEGA Saturn 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!