By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2012 - Awful for Xbox 360 Sales / 2nd Lowest 6 Months Since Launch

Have to chime in just to say, considering I live 45 minutes from where it happened, is anyone really going to sit here and say that it was all just due to the market that 360 sales increased and not the 360 and Kinect all over my US TV stations on Ellen, Oprah, Home Shopping Network, etc... and that ridiculous display that shut down all of Times Square so they could have 150+ dancers on a gigantic stage for the launch?

I would say that made a big difference and wasn't just the market.

I could tell you that after that I had plenty of people at work talking about Kinect.

Yup, the market made it jump and not all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZETjUvuGug

-Won't let me embed...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

No denying that Legend, the current userbase certainly isnt slowing down in buying habits.

Its the future owners that this thread is about. With sales in rapid decline and no sign of anything to substantially push the system in the near future... Its concerning.

kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:
. 360 sales also increased in each of those years.... That was the market

The Market?? Lol. The X360 did not see increased sales in 2009. You are right though, it did see increased sales in 2010, which funny enough, began around E3 2010. Could it be because of the X360 Slim or just a coincidence with the market. So yeah, you're right, the X360 did increase AFTER it got its own slim.

If it was the market, why were the PS3 & the X360 the only consoles to increase. Why no Wii? Why were the only consoles to increase the ones that DID get remodels?

Regardless of if the market caused the increases or if it was the Slim (it was the Slim), it still disproves your past claim that the PS3 didn't see a sustained boost.

I didn't say it didn't have a sustained boost,  said it didn't have a massive sustained boost.  

Fair enough.

Euphoria14 said:

Have to chime in just to say, considering I live 45 minutes from where it happened, is anyone really going to sit here and say that it was all just due to the market that 360 sales increased and not the 360 and Kinect all over my US TV stations on Ellen, Oprah, Home Shopping Network, etc... and that ridiculous display that shut down all of Times Square so they could have 150+ dancers on a gigantic stage for the launch?

I could tell you that after that I had plenty of people at work talking about Kinect.

-Won't let me embed...

Generally, half a billion dollars in marketing does help a product sell. If only Kinect had sustained great software releases after its launch, I feel the 360s numbers would be quite different and anticipation for the 720 with Kinect 2.0 would also be different. I'm very interested to see what Kinect will do this holiday, compared to its previous numbers. 

Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:

-Won't let me embed...

Generally, half a billion dollars in marketing does help a product sell. If only Kinect had sustained great software releases after its launch, I feel the 360s numbers would be quite different and anticipation for the 720 with Kinect 2.0 would also be different. I'm very interested to see what Kinect will do this holiday, compared to its previous numbers. 

Yes, I agree that it does indeed increase sales, but that is my point.

Some are trying to say that PS3 having sustained sales increase wasn't just due to the Slim and price cut, but also the market because the 360 also experienced increases from 2010 on. 2010 is the year of Kinect, so that whole idea of it being just the market is bogus.

PS3 saw sustained lift from Slim and finally dropping below $400. 360 saw an increase due to high cost aggressive advertising on a new product launch that ended up catching on.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:

-Won't let me embed...

Some are trying to say that PS3 having sustained sales increase wasn't just due to the Slim and price cut, but also the market because the 360 also experienced increases from 2010 on. 2010 is the year of Kinect, so that whole idea of it being just the market is bogus.

PS3 saw sustained lift from Slim and finally dropping below $400. 360 saw an increase due to high cost aggressive advertising on a new product launch that ended up catching on.

Nah dude, I'm fairly sure it was the market (the PS360 market, that is) that boosted these consoles. There was some external and uncontrollable force that unexpectedly came and used its magic powers to uplift exclusively the PS3 and 360 to such high levels. Not kidding. It just so happened that this magic force coincidentally came when Sony and Microsoft were playing their biggest cards. If it wasn't for the market coming and saving the PS360, they probably would he dead in the water right now. Not kidding.

Euphoria14 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:

-Won't let me embed...

I agree with your points! I was just using your post as a platform for my inane comment, sorry  

Jay520 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:

-Won't let me embed...

Nah dude, I'm fairly sure it was the market (the PS360 market, that is) that boosted these consoles. There was some external and uncontrollable force that unexpectedly came and used its magic powers to uplift the PS3 and 360 to such high levels. Not kidding.

To be honest I don't want to sit here and poke fun at anyone, I just wanted to make it clear that the whole launch thing and all that aggressive advertising is what made the 360 jump the way it did in the US. As someone living in NY, where they apparently focused real hard on, I experienced the effects first hand.

I had people all the time saying "I got the Kinect", "I grabbed one for my kids", "It's fun".

Now nobody talks about it.

Currently playing:

I don't see ms worried as they are still the Number 1 selling console in the biggest market and are still making profits.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Euphoria14 said:

-Won't let me embed...

I agree with your points! I was just using your post as a platform for my inane comment, sorry  

No need to apologize, lol.

Currently playing: