By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita hardware + top 10 software sales in Japan.

Tagged games:

I'm thinking software sales are not very impressive aside Mario games, zelda, pokemon and SSF43D (only one of these is third party). Resident evil revelations and uncharted do half a million, aswell as sonic, but thats about it.

Hopefully Kingdom hearts can bring up another good seller, but all the rest sells pretty modestly. It really depends on the development costs, but neither platform looks like a safe money maker. The 3DS is definitly closer to it though.

Aside from first parties, 3rd parties have been having trouble getting their games sold (aside from capcom).

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
radishhead said:
Those software sales are pretty low- I wonder how many people digitally downloaded the games

I'd say add another 10/20% for digital sales

I heard the percentage is much higher than 20%.

Really? Wow, that's great then :D

Hmm...I wouldn't say sales are improving. Wait until mid-August when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL launches and we'll be back to where we were beforehand. Like, 6-7k or so...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Hmm...I wouldn't say sales are improving. Wait until mid-August when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL launches and we'll be back to where we were beforehand. Like, 6-7k or so...

I doubt the vita is gonna be negatively affected by mario and the XL much.

Software sales are deceiving since it can play PSP games and all the games can purchased digitally through PSN.

Also for the price (including price of memory card) it seems like it's doing well. At least in NA it's more than double the price and selling at about 1/3 to 1/5 of the 3DS.

The PSV DOES need more games though, but they're coming on October.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

I'll just quote one of my favorite old vgchart members who commented on the andriasang article:

CarminaSuva
2012-07-18
13:06

Vita money wins, sony games.

---------------------------------------
couldn't have said it better then carmina2008.. god I miss her on this site..

carmina is overrated.

Conegamer said:

If the PSV's sales do drop in August, that still wouldn't negate the fact that they are improving now. I don't understand your logic.

So VGChartz vs Famitsu's Numbers (in thousands)

Persona: 183 vs 188
Hot Shots Golf: 141 vs 118
Uncharted: 116 vs 89
Gravity Daze: 77 vs 74
Dynasty Warriors: 102 vs 74

Seems to be some pretty decent overtracking for vita games here...I'd say VGchartz numbers (for the ones that are overtracked) are probably pretty close to what total sales (retail and digital) would be. Is there any chance of finding out total sales figures?

Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:

I doubt the vita is gonna be negatively affected by mario and the XL much.

Why wouldn't it be? It traditionally has been this way in the past, why would it be any different here? 

It may only last a few weeks, but it will still go down.

Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:

If the PSV's sales do drop in August, that still wouldn't negate the fact that they are improving now. I don't understand your logic.

I'm saying it's a short effect. Yes, it's improving now (but the numbers are still horrific), but when it does decrease to below 10k, people will forget about this slight boost. Sorta like the Wii price-cut last year. Sure, sales were increased, but I wouldn't say the situation improved. That has to be a long-term effect, and it's too early to tell that yet.