By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita hardware + top 10 software sales in Japan.

Tagged games:

Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:
Hmm...I wouldn't say sales are improving. Wait until mid-August when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL launches and we'll be back to where we were beforehand. Like, 6-7k or so...

If the PSV's sales do drop in August, that still wouldn't negate the fact that they are improving now. I don't understand your logic.

I'm saying it's a short effect. Yes, it's improving now (but the numbers are still horrific), but when it does decrease to below 10k, people will forget about this slight boost. Sorta like the Wii price-cut last year. Sure, sales were increased, but I wouldn't say the situation improved. That has to be a long-term effect, and it's too early to tell that yet.

But they still are improving, which is the complete opposite of your first sentence in the post I quoted.

Around the Network

it needs games, we will have to wait until TGS and Sonys conference to see whats in the store for the Vita, and predict its future

Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:
Hmm...I wouldn't say sales are improving. Wait until mid-August when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL launches and we'll be back to where we were beforehand. Like, 6-7k or so...

If the PSV's sales do drop in August, that still wouldn't negate the fact that they are improving now. I don't understand your logic.

I'm saying it's a short effect. Yes, it's improving now (but the numbers are still horrific), but when it does decrease to below 10k, people will forget about this slight boost. Sorta like the Wii price-cut last year. Sure, sales were increased, but I wouldn't say the situation improved. That has to be a long-term effect, and it's too early to tell that yet.

But they still are improving, which is the complete opposite of your first sentence in the post I quoted.

No, they're increasing (though they'll have gone down again this week and dropped WW WoW by 25%, to below 48k, it's second lowest-ever figure, so that's hardly an increase), but not improving. An improvement is a long-term thing, whereas an increase is a short-term thing. We can't tell if the situation is improving, if it can't sustain sales for a fair few months. So the 3DS' situation has improved, because it's a long-term effect.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:

No, they're increasing (though they'll have gone down again this week and dropped WW WoW by 25%, to below 48k, it's second lowest-ever figure, so that's hardly an increase), but not improving. An improvement is a long-term thing, whereas an increase is a short-term thing. We can't tell if the situation is improving, if it can't sustain sales for a fair few months. So the 3DS' situation has improved, because it's a long-term effect.

No, you don't regulate the definition of 'improving' and 'increasing'. Improving is not, and does not imply, long term improvement. Nor does improvement imply the improvement of the 'situation'. I don't know where you got your definition of 'improvement' and how you've distinguished it as an extreme of 'increasing' but that definition is just wrong. Improvement is simply to become better. It does not have to become good. Just better. You really don't have to bring the 3DS into this. It doesn't take a comparison to see that selling more than before is clearly an 'improvement'. Whether it's long-term or short-term, whether its substantial or minuscule, & whether it helps the overall situation or not doesn't affect the fact that it is improving.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Barozi said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
radishhead said:
Those software sales are pretty low- I wonder how many people digitally downloaded the games

I'd say add another 10/20% for digital sales

I heard the percentage is much higher than 20%.

Really? Wow, that's great then :D

It depends on the title. Some games had some crazy good deals online. That is in addition to being around 10% less in price. In Japan iirc most of the larger memory cards were sold out real fast too. There have been some really good deals online recently as well fron Sony + special promotions like free GR dlc for digital buyers (not sure if they had the same for Japan tho)

Coming months are important for Vita. I hope sony delivers on the bigger games announcements at least by the end of TGS. Right now the majority of the support is coming from western devs. But I am impressed by the variety of smaller titles that have come out of Japan. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

So much semantics going on in here.

As for the XL's "mid-August" release, we're talking about Japan here, and in Japan both the XL and New Super 2 come out at the end of July, so... just a little over a week, actually.

I wouldn't say that will significantly impact Vita sales, though. The Vita's doing pretty poorly on its own. I don't think any amount of competition can force it lower, so to speak. Maybe the past 4-5 weeks it sold better in Japan than it sold at any point from March through May. But to me it looks like a brief spike in sales. The Vita was basically DOA in Japan -- the Persona 4 and MGS HD boosts are the shocks from a defibrillator, right before it flatlines again. It's going to take something bigger than them to revive it beyond a measly increase of a few thousand weekly.