By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Reviews Thread - RT 84% - (*NO SPOILERS TOLERATED*)

haxxiy said:
bouzane said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Don't compare the classic Return Of The Jedi to ME3 please!!

Sorry but Ewoks in Return of the Jedi were disastrous.

The starchild should have been an ewok hologram for total nonsense humor. If the developers were already screwing it, why not go the whole way right

Adam West Batman or the Dark Knight Trilogy

Star Trek or Next Generation

Developers need to release serious works of fiction or laughable pieces of cheese. I don't care for much that sits in the middle.

Around the Network

Is there no chance it is actually bad, and the rotten reviews are accurate?

Soleron said:

Doubtful when the same reviewers gave shit movies good scores in the past .

Soleron said:

One critic complained that the movie was too light hearted and not dark enough (seriosuly). Another critic complained that it was too long (it's 12 minutes longer than the Dark knight). Yet another complained that there was too much action and likened the movie to Transformers. A couple of the rotten reviews came from critics who also gave failing marks to the Dark Knight. Overall, their criticisms seem to be either ridiculous and blatantly untrue, or so trivial that it makes me question their motives for applying such low scores. I will ultimately reserve judgement about the quality of the film until I see it for myself but some of the reviews are obviously biased.

Wait... Am I reading this right? Some of those reviews are simply a sentence or two long?

Wtf? o_0

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

Film journalism is no better than video game journalism, who would have thought?

Having read the rotten reviews, it comes clear that some of them (the big majority) were already "written" before the movie even had a chance.

This is what happens when you write something with an agenda behind it. When you give a Fresh rating to a movie such as Battleship, which will probably figure amongst this year's Razzies and a Rotten to TDKR, something is very, very odd.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

No more Rotten Reviews!

TDKR rotten reviews are not the reviews the movie needs.....

Nor the reviews the movie deserves .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

bouzane said:
Film journalism is no better than video game journalism, who would have thought?

You crossed the line first, Bouzane. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a review method they didn't fully understand.

Also, just bought the Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises soundtracks (already had the Dark Knight). :D