By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is 'definitely more powerful than 360 and PS3' - Scribblenauts dev

I blame Nintendo's trait in opting not to divulge any info on Wii U, and withholding so much info instead; meanwhile its release is upon us, yet we still have much to learn from it. This is why these talks of power is still in discussion. It's understandable that specs doesn't necessarily need to be known but at this point in time, it would be great to know of its price and its full list of launch & upcoming games.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
lol....Are you serious? Anyone who as read up on the Wii U knows that it will be slightly more powerful than current gen consoles. That being said, when the next Playstation and Xbox come out they will be far ahead, much like this where the Wii stood this gen to the PS3 and 360.

Really? The next PS and Xbox will be "far ahead"? Do you have a source for this claim?

Oh, right - it's an assumption based on personal opinion. Carry on.

My "assumptions" are based on demands set by Epic and other companies who put out new engines.

Viper1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
It doesnt matter. The gen is over in a year. They will be far behind....in a years time.

careful what you say. mods are ban tirgger happy atm. you better have references to back up your statement as opinions are not welcome.

lol....Are you serious? Anyone who as read up on the Wii U knows that it will be slightly more powerful than current gen consoles. That being said, when the next Playstation and Xbox come out they will be far ahead, much like this where the Wii stood this gen to the PS3 and 360.

The graphical gulf between Wii U and PS4/Next X will be closer to the graphical gulf of the Dreamcast to the rest of the 6th generation.   It will not repeat the Wii to PS3/X360 graphical gulf.

You would be surprised. Luckily Nintendo isn't worried about issues of these sorts so I wont argue this.

says the scribblenauts developer, yeah.... no

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Viper1 said:

The graphical gulf between Wii U and PS4/Next X will be closer to the graphical gulf of the Dreamcast to the rest of the 6th generation.   It will not repeat the Wii to PS3/X360 graphical gulf.

You would be surprised. Luckily Nintendo isn't worried about issues of these sorts so I wont argue this.

There is not anything to be surprised about.  I'm well versed in computer technology and can tell you my analogy provided above will be quite accurate.

I can go into some serious technical details about thermals, heat dissipation, wattage, die process ratios, etc...to back up why they can't be that huge of a jump over Wii U.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
logic56 said:

says the guy who thinks 3ds is shit because MH4 isn't onps vita. so yer your word is credible. 

Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:

says the guy who thinks 3ds is shit because MH4 isn't onps vita. so yer your word is credible. 

No, I think MH4 is shit becasue it's on 3DS instead of the Vita

and I know my word is credible

Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:

How does that change the fact that claims made by a developer that has little to no experience with the PS3 or 360 are conjectural at best? I'm not saying that their claim is untrue, I'm just saying that 5th Cell are really not the developers to be listening to when comparing the aforementioned hardware.

bouzane said:
Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:

How does that change the fact that claims made by a developer that has little to no experience with the PS3 or 360 are conjectural at best? I'm not saying that their claim is untrue, I'm just saying that 5th Cell are really not the developers to be listening to when comparing the aforementioned hardware.

So the guys that work at 5th Cell have never worked for any other company?

Might they have PS3/X360 dev kits (they do)?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
bouzane said:
Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:

So the guys that work at 5th Cell have never worked for any other company?

Might they have PS3/X360 dev kits (they do)?

As far as i can tell, neither Joseph M. Tringali, Jeremiah Slaczka, Brett Caird nor Marius Falhbusch have ever developed a PS3 or 360 game with the exception of an XBLA game called Hybrid. Again, not the most credible source for making such comparisons.