By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is 'definitely more powerful than 360 and PS3' - Scribblenauts dev

Jeremiah Slaczka, the CEO of Scribblenauts developer 5th Cell, has stated that the Wii U is "definitely more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3," adding that he finds the argument over the console's capabilities "frustrating".

Speaking in the latest issue of Game Informer, Slaczka said that the Wii U is "definitely more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It's kind of frustrating to see the rumours and speculation of people going back and forth saying it's weaker or more powerful. It's definitely more powerful."

5th Cell is currently developing Wii U title Scribblenauts Unlimited, the fourth game in the word-based puzzle action series.

"I think we were one of the first developers to see the Wii U," he added.

"Nintendo came to our studio and demoed it to us. A couple of weeks later Warner Bros. got to see it, and we said we should do this. This game was originally a Wii title but later moved to Wii U. It's been about two years in development."

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/scribblenauts_unlimited/news/wii_u_is_definitely_more_powerful_than_360_and_ps3_scribblenauts_dev.html

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Now the question is how much more powerful

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Clearly, Nintendo is just reactionary to last week. Boosting the WiiU power just above the other 2 consoles.

radishhead said:
Now the question is how much more powerful

hasn't that always been the question? With a few dalliances, it was always clear it was going to have more RAM and a modern GPU. The question has always been how are they going to clock it and how much impact the Wii U tab and the OS has on real games. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Well, there's no real surprise here. The only people who disagreed were 'anonymous' sources. Everyone who was actually named who spoke about the WiiU knew it would be much more powerful. I mean, 2GB RAM? Modern GPU? All we need is the clock speeds for the CPU to confirm it, but so far it's looking very powerful indeed.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Oh, come on!

Pikmin 3 doesn't look any better than the original Halo.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

No surprises here. Even Cevat Yerli from Crytek said that it was more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Just as the wii was definitely more powerful then the GC.

Conegamer said:
Well, there's no real surprise here. The only people who disagreed were 'anonymous' sources. Everyone who was actually named who spoke about the WiiU knew it would be much more powerful. I mean, 2GB RAM? Modern GPU? All we need is the clock speeds for the CPU to confirm it, but so far it's looking very powerful indeed.

It's 1.5 gb RAM.

But yeah, it's clearly going to be more powerful than this gen. The real question is how will it compare to Orbis and Durango, and I think it's unlikely that the Wii U will be close to achieving what these other 2 will (physics, graphics etc.). I think it'll probably be able to run the same games, but with a lot of drawbacks. That's mostly speculation though.

Andrespetmonkey said:
It's 1.5 gb RAM.

No, it's 2 GB RAM (according to rumours). Even if a portion of it is "dedicated to the OS", it doesn't mean it isn't there.

I recall reading someone saying that Nintendo usually puts more RAM in the actual console than they do in the initial dev kits. I think they said it's usually double. Will be interesting to see if it's true.