By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - BIG Legend of Korra news!!!

How did everybody end up watching this? It's a bit random for a kid's cartoon to take off like this.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
How did everybody end up watching this? It's a bit random for a kid's cartoon to take off like this.

Its a good show....i am surprised of my Little Pony taking off, and 50 Shades of Grey, man people just their fads don't they?

brendude13 said:

It may be branded as a kids show, but just like Pixar movies it also targets heavily on certain topics that teenagers adults may connect with.

@PollusPardus, I find it weird how My Little Pony caught on! I truly believe that the fans just are fans to troll others, but they're so deep in that they just don't even think they're trolling anymore. Just a wild theory though.

It's a great show.

It made me go back and watch the rest of Avatar TLA (I only ever saw Book One), and honestly I think Last Airbender is marginally better, but they are both fantastic.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

blkfish92 said:

@PollusPardus, I find it weird how My Little Pony caught on! I truly believe that the fans just are fans to troll others, but they're so deep in that they just don't even think they're trolling anymore. Just a wild theory though.

Not all fans of MLP are trolls. I would hazard a guess and say that the vast majority are not. It's just an entertaining show.

OT: I still have about half of the first season to go. I have enjoyed the episodes that I've seen, but it hasn't drawn me in quite like TLA did. Still, I'm glad to see that there are more episodes coming.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
brendude13 said:

It may be branded as a kids show, but just like Pixar movies it also targets heavily on certain topics that teenagers adults may connect with.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I hate that type of ignorance, when people say that because something is suitable for a particular age group it means it is targetted towards that age group.

I'm just generally curious why out of all these shows, why is it this one that blew up in popularity in such a short space of time. Many of my friends watch it too, which is so out of character for them.

I haven't started this yet, but I've only heard great things about it. A second season is great news!

I loved The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra is awesome!!!! I'm so glad it's renewed.

Personally I hope there is another series after this one, I wrote a blog about what I would like it to be, I call it Avatar: Spirit of Earth.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/guardianike33/2012/06/23/avatar-spirit-of-earth

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

brendude13 said:

Avatar: The Last Airbender was a really popular series so it carried on to this one.

brendude13 said:
blkfish92 said:
brendude13 said:

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I hate that type of ignorance, when people say that because something is suitable for a particular age group it means it is targetted towards that age group.

I'm just generally curious why out of all these shows, why is it this one that blew up in popularity in such a short space of time. Many of my friends watch it too, which is so out of character for them.

Because it's good. How many American cartoons strive for good art or powerful storytelling (outside of arthouse stuff that nobody ever hears of until it gets its Oscar nomination). Avatar was the most ambitious animated series after Samurai Jack turned heads earlier in the decade, and is a show that could stand with even the titans of Western Animation of the 90s (like Batman:TAS or SWAT Kats :P)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.