By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - BIG Legend of Korra news!!!

*Freezes self in iceburg until 2013*

Somebody defrost me when the new episodes premiere.

Around the Network

I am pleased. I still haven't gotten to Korra yet, but I'm about half way through Last Airbender. But I'm glad there's going to be more Korra for me to watch when I get there. Makes me happy, after I've been dissapointed with Young Justice.

brendude13 said:
blkfish92 said:
brendude13 said:
How did everybody end up watching this? It's a bit random for a kid's cartoon to take off like this.

It may be branded as a kids show, but just like Pixar movies it also targets heavily on certain topics that teenagers adults may connect with.

@PollusPardus, I find it weird how My Little Pony caught on! I truly believe that the fans just are fans to troll others, but they're so deep in that they just don't even think they're trolling anymore. Just a wild theory though.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I hate that type of ignorance, when people say that because something is suitable for a particular age group it means it is targetted towards that age group.

I'm just generally curious why out of all these shows, why is it this one that blew up in popularity in such a short space of time. Many of my friends watch it too, which is so out of character for them.

Because it's a great deal better than any other animated show. Just because it's on Nickelodeon doesn't mean it's for children.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

coming from an anime fan, what I found ironic about Avatar: TLA was that usually western anime fans break their necks trying to find the latest anime ep/manga chp. and what was surprising to find out was that many(well a couple...lol) were asking for japanese/chinese subbed Avatar: TLA!!!!

brendude13 said:
blkfish92 said:
brendude13 said:
How did everybody end up watching this? It's a bit random for a kid's cartoon to take off like this.

It may be branded as a kids show, but just like Pixar movies it also targets heavily on certain topics that teenagers adults may connect with.

@PollusPardus, I find it weird how My Little Pony caught on! I truly believe that the fans just are fans to troll others, but they're so deep in that they just don't even think they're trolling anymore. Just a wild theory though.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I hate that type of ignorance, when people say that because something is suitable for a particular age group it means it is targetted towards that age group.

I'm just generally curious why out of all these shows, why is it this one that blew up in popularity in such a short space of time. Many of my friends watch it too, which is so out of character for them.

Sheer luck and randomness I suppose.

Around the Network

Likely check it out when it's on netflix,(or i notice it there).

Poor fire though. Always being typecast as the evil element.

kain_kusanagi said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Great show, looking forward to more. Never got into the original, but Legend of Korra is one of the best animated series of all time.

you should watch the original.  Legend of Korra is awesome but nothings compare to avatar: The last airbender.

I said I never got into it. Which means I've watched it and it never grabbed me. I gave Legend of Korra the same chance and it did grab me. I think it's because all the main characters are young adults instead of children. I also prefer Korra's more tech developed world.

I felt the oposite way. I recently watched the Original for the first time and I really enjoyed it. After watching 3 episodes of LoK drag on, I think I am done. I'm just bored watching the show. None of the characters are likable to me. I was really hoping to like this after seeing the original.

I wish I could watch this on TV. >_>

WiiBox3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Great show, looking forward to more. Never got into the original, but Legend of Korra is one of the best animated series of all time.

you should watch the original.  Legend of Korra is awesome but nothings compare to avatar: The last airbender.

I said I never got into it. Which means I've watched it and it never grabbed me. I gave Legend of Korra the same chance and it did grab me. I think it's because all the main characters are young adults instead of children. I also prefer Korra's more tech developed world.

I felt the oposite way. I recently watched the Original for the first time and I really enjoyed it. After watching 3 episodes of LoK drag on, I think I am done. I'm just bored watching the show. None of the characters are likable to me. I was really hoping to like this after seeing the original.

The first few episodes don't do the rest any justice. At first the series seems like it's going to be all about some bending tournament. But the tournament stuff get's left behind rather quickly once the real meat of the show starts up. Lots of danger and action. One character ends up a lot like Batman and another at the end flies around smashing aircraft like Ironman. It's great.

As for the characters, I find all the main characters very likeable, but I don't remember how I felt when I started watching it. Maybe they can grow on you or maybe the first few episodes don't let them shine, but they do shine.

Nothing can stop Team Avatar :P

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."