By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PC Gaming up 230%, Console down 28% (PC Gaming Comeback!)

Are you a PC Gamer or Console Gamer

PC 82 24.40%

Console 138 41.07%

50/50 116 34.52%

Total:336

Every time I see an article about a "moribund PC market", Its obviously a USA thing...  

PC gaming was always MUCH stronger than the Console, however, it wasnt as profitable for the publishers that all. That all to it, since conlsoles are closed systems you can make more money of console players, from horse armor crap, while on the PC you get that stuff for free.

Around the Network

It's the cycle. Consoles get old and PC gaming gets more popular. Then new consoles come out and get super popular taking away the spotlight from PC gaming. Then the consoles grow old again and the cycle continues.

Again its in terms of publisher revenues ( btw an Infographic ), otherwise PC gaming was always on top. It has the MUCH MUCH bigger install base, the much much bigger user base (not copies sold) much bigger verity(especially if we count none core games) its much more customizable etc etc... (we are also the more skilled players)

besides, if anyone want the "console expirence" he can plug an xbox controller to the PC, set the game graphics to average, difficulty to easy  and there you go.

30 PC games in the current Germany top 100, 7 of them in top 30. PC gaming's never been dead over here.

For comparison::
10 PC games in the current France top 100.
6 PC games in the current UK top 100.
5 PC games in the current US top 100.

As someone once said "Don't call it a comeback, I never left".

I think it was Socrates.

Though really, I think it's increases in sales are just due to very specific PC centric titles released and not part of a grand scheme.

Really, a shame though since PC is so much better a platform for gaming, and can pretty much do anything a console can do as well if not better while there is plenty consoles can't currently do that PC does with ease.

Consoles are nothing but gimped PCs in the first place. As for me. I never thought i'd PC game... and yet since TF2 it's practically all I do. I've got all 3 consoles more or less just sitting at home doing nothing. I play Power Pros on the Wii, and soon Jikkyo Powerful Pro on the PS3... and Netflix on the Wii, but that's about it.

Around the Network
zarx said:
zero129 said:

I want that keyboard lol :D, do you know what its called??.

That is actually a overpriced notebook 

but you can get the pad on a keyboard if you want 

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.241167600/categoryId.35156900

But honestly razr stuff is top quality, I have the Naga, Onza and their keyboard, all work a lot better than anything i've tried.

but that laptop is an obvious rip off though, you'd better just buy a more powerful laptop instead of the gimmickly touch keyboard.

Comeback? I wouldn't say it ever left really.
Overtake consoles? Not for long.

I love both experiences though.

I love my PC but not all games are suited for it. Sports Games, Beat em ups and Hack´n Slash games just don´t work on PC. But it is very nice to see PC coming back even if it is just for a short time, until the next generation of console arrives and gives us equal Power.

SvennoJ said:
I go back to pc gaming now and then, then get fed up with it again and put on a console game that just works without always on drm, server lag, annoying extra layers like gfwl and other bullshit.

Console games can have all of these problems. All you have to do is research the game before you purchase it. Personally, I have no problems with GOG and Steam with the exception of a handful of Ubisoft games.

bouzane said:
SvennoJ said:
I go back to pc gaming now and then, then get fed up with it again and put on a console game that just works without always on drm, server lag, annoying extra layers like gfwl and other bullshit.

Console games can have all of these problems. All you have to do is research the game before you purchase it. Personally, I have no problems with GOG and Steam with the exception of a handful of Ubisoft games.

I like Origin too because of the user interface.