By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PC Gaming up 230%, Console down 28% (PC Gaming Comeback!)

Are you a PC Gamer or Console Gamer

PC 82 24.40%

Console 138 41.07%

50/50 116 34.52%

Total:336
Pesmerga7551 said:
F**k no! I like console gaming for what it is, the gaming community online sucks in comparison. I have a high-end PC, and I prefer console gaming as it's cheat free (virtually), and other pro's that a closed system has. For these reasons, I believe console gaming will stay on top. It's just so well controlled compared to PC gaming. With a console, you really feel like you're in a community, while on PC, you don't. It's much more scattered. Just my views as I've been gaming on the PC for many years, and even competitive on it.

That's interesting, I'd say the EXACT  opposite. In more console games, there are no chatboxs. Limited voice communcation. Limited clan support, limited dedicated servers. Barely any mods. 

The closed nature of consoles hinders what a clan/community can do.

Around the Network

You can upgrade your pc gradually - it's not like you have to drop $600 at once every couple of years. Plus there's overclocking your cpu and gpu to squeeze even more performance out of your set-up.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

zero129 said:

I want that keyboard lol :D, do you know what its called??.

That is actually a overpriced notebook 

but you can get the pad on a keyboard if you want 

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.241167600/categoryId.35156900

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zero129 said:
zarx said:
zero129 said:

I want that keyboard lol :D, do you know what its called??.

That is actually a overpriced notebook 

but you can get the pad on a keyboard if you want 

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.241167600/categoryId.35156900

*Looks at price..., closes tab*. $250 for that O_O .. it would be handy for RPG's or MMO's, but no way would i give that much lol :D.

Lol multitouch LCDs, multicolor backlight, and ultra fast response time keys don's come cheap. And as not many people are interested in it they have to get a large margine to cover R&D costs lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

BasilZero said:

Is it a requirement to play all games? I could of sworn all PC games are playable through a keyboard :(

Sure you can play 99% of PC games on keyboard and mouse but you could say that about sixaxis on the PS3 lol. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
zarx said:
BasilZero said:

Is it a requirement to play all games? I could of sworn all PC games are playable through a keyboard :(

Sure you can play 99% of PC games on keyboard and mouse but you could say that about sixaxis on the PS3 lol. 

Bleh Sixaxis was crap, I tried playing GTAIV with it, but decided to turn it off after a few seconds. Not a big fan of motion controls and such, even Nintendo ones, hated the fact that Zelda SS required a add-on for older wiimotes >.>.

not sure why I said SixAxis... Oh well

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I was ALWAYS a console guy, dating back to my first console which was the 2600. But this gen I've found myself much more intrigued by PC gaming simply because console gaming has gone so casual. With move, Kinect and Wii, games just aren't nearly as hard core as they were during the PS2 era. Back then, the biggest game on the planet was GTA. Games were hardcore and kiddy/family games were frowned upon. That's how the PC market is today and so, I admire it alot more.

Hopefully, the next gen goes back to being about gaming and less about grandma waving a stick at a screen.

PC gaming more than doubles (prob due to Diablo 3) while console gaming declines (end of gen) and PC gaming's still 6 times smaller than console gaming, so I don't think you can really call it a comeback.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

crissindahouse said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't know if it'll ever make a full come-back like many of you PC-Gamers probably hope.

I know I will never buy a PC game ever again.

why exactly?

if it is because some patches or so just buy the game a year after release. at least people should try something like the humbe indie bundle we saw  few weeks ago where you could get games like braid, bastion, limbo and more for whatever you wanted to pay.

btw it's always hard for me to imagine these "pc was almost dead" when in my country, pc was always the prefered platform

PC Games, in my experience, are too difficult to handle. My Mac is for Music and the Internet (also a "hub" for my iPod and phone) not for gaming.

Besides, Gaming Consoles are there for gaming.

abhiram_33 said:
im sure Diablo 3 has something to do with it, but as soon as the next CoD game comes out, im sure console gaming will rise again, even though im not a CoD fan

This. I left my 360 to collect dust for about a month whil I was playing Diablo 3. I'm back now though to console gaming.