By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's screwed.

Persistantthug said:

Wii U won't have Soccer Moms to bail them out this time.

And 3rd parties are clearly not fully invested or confident in Wii U's prospects.

Nintendo's lack of Online will ultimately be Nintendo's undoing.

2006 ≠ 20012

Even if WiiU sells gamecube numbers, they will still make a profit. Just look at the gamecube era for proof.

your assuming they care more about numbers sold vs profit and even coming first.

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Persistantthug said:
NintendoPie said:
Are you joking around? You know this is supposed to be Rol's job, right?

(If you aren't joking then you are really confused.)

You wanna know why in the other topic that I said, "Play Wii U while you can"?

Because Nintendo doesn't know what they are doing.  They obviously have no flippin clue with how to run a a functional online, and not including a harddrive in every Wii U proves it.

Nintendo's Wii U is basically old technology and from reports, can't even use 2 gamepad screens well.

Nintendo has had to resort to begging for 3rd party support, and they won't even get half.  This shows that 3rd party devs and publishers have little faith in Nintendo....honestly, I can't blame them.  Nintendo has always been for kids and devs and publishers aren't interested in Nintendo's BS censorship or strict bs guidelines (Nintendo denied BINDING OF ISAAK).  Not only that, but they, as well as everyone else knows that their grandma and soccer mom fanbase is going to dissipate and the Wii U will be lucky if it can achieve GAMECUBE unit numbers.

With Each generation the stakes are raised, and Nintendo is clearly not ready.  I forsee Nintendo leaving the home console business after this and sticking to handhelds and going 3rd party like Sega did.

Maybe they'll return at a much later time, kinda like how Atari did with the Jaguar.

But the Wii U is headed for a heap of trouble.....so yeah....enjoy it while you can.

Cos online, hardrives and 3rd party support is what made the Wii such a success right?

Wii U won't have Soccer Moms to bail them out this time.

And 3rd parties are clearly not fully invested or confident in Wii U's prospects.

Nintendo's lack of Online will ultimately be Nintendo's undoing.

2006 ≠ 20012

No. Nintendo unifying their EXCLUSIVE digital library across handeld and home system might be their saving grace. It's 10xmore important than PSN or XBL. Especially given that EA(Battlefield) and Activision(CoD) have online models that will hurt XBL and kill PSN.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

MDMAlliance said:
Pyro as Bill said:
MDMAlliance said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Tell us more. Nintendo need the ideas.

"asymmetric gameplay means two players will have separate experiences as they play together."

Asymmetric gameplay implies two users having separate experiences ^  The Wii U also introduces unique single player experiences utilizing the Wii U tablet controller that was shown in the leaked Rayman Legends trailer, and at e3 last year.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I think I am done posting here.

Are you drunk? I just mentioned 2 games that have assymetric gameplay. I know what it means. Assymetric gameplay will be no more successfull than augmented reality games.

This will be my final post as you seem to not have a shred of intelligence in your body.  You took the first thing I said and only that.  I wasn't talking about asymmetric gameplay in my post, I was referring to gameplay you can achieve other than asymmetric that is also unique to the Wii U gamepad but you completely ignored it as if I said nothing about it.  You didn't address my post at all.  This shows how much you know what you're talking about.

edit: I should say "how little you know" as it seems  to fit better in that sentence.

Hopefully you'll return when you come up with something that hasn't been tried, unsuccessfully, with a multi monitor PC setup.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

MDMAlliance said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=3DC78LiO5yM  

Watch this video, by the way.

Wow, thanks for this video... and this youtube channel in general!

Nintendo land is going to rock? With so many details, I'm pretty sure it will!

OT: Yeah, yeah, Nintendo is sooo screwed

I support this thread (for entertainment purposes).

OT: I think it's impossible for Nintendo to be doomed to the point that they have to go third party. Even if the Wii U bombs so hard that it can barely stay above Vita levels (heh) Nintendos handheld market will keep them afloat.

PREDICTION: The Wii U concept will at the very least be successful in Japan, because it's essentially a stationary handheld with above PS360 power. I really think japanese people will be into this. And me too. And some others.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

-The Nintendo Wii U will become the best selling console of all time with a mark of 193.984.402 units.

(margin of error 1,3%)

I haven't read past the first few posts in this thread, but I just wanted to add something I've thought about today.

That is that Nintendo needs to be careful of the superior  (assumption, doubt you'd argue with it though) multi-media experiences of the other next gen consoles. The Wii showed that a great strategy for them can be to attract the casual crowd and grow their own IPs off that new audience (wii fit, nsmb, etc). However, I can now see that the audience that just wants to 'pick up' a console for these experiences may be swayed by the one that has all the streaming/apps/phone and tablet cross functionality - and no I don't mean the Wii U tablet, I mean the iPads and the Nexuses and so on that sell silly numbers every single day. Hey mom this one let's me play games on my phone (or some shit) and it's also got this fitness game that I can pretend to use, let's get this!! And it's only $99 (with contract)! 

When the Wii launched, the landscape was so vastly different, multimedia services and smart devices were not present in the way they are now. Hopefully Nintendo sees that and recognizes the existence of things in the market right now that are important for every tech company to consider. I sort of think the Wii U 'tablet' shows this awareness. Sort of. I'm not sure. 

They're not screwed though, they'll sell. 

Obviously Pyro, there is no need to post in Jay520's new thread. So lets just pretend we didn't see this nonsense k?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145236

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

VicViper said:
MDMAlliance said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=3DC78LiO5yM  

Watch this video, by the way.

Wow, thanks for this video... and this youtube channel in general!

Nintendo land is going to rock? With so many details, I'm pretty sure it will!

OT: Yeah, yeah, Nintendo is sooo screwed

LOL! What the heck is that face supposed to be? xD

We're all screwed because the world is gonna end on December 21. I only get a few months of college before I die. :(

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash