By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's screwed.

The concept of the Wii U is also very interesting as it introduces a type of gameplay that we have not really experienced yet. Considering the Wii U may not be all that expensive, I have no doubt in my mind that you're absolutely wrong.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Pyro as Bill said:
NintendoPie said:
Pyro as Bill said:

So you think Nintendo will have a 20M seller next gen? OK, we'll see.

It's gonna take something NEW on the level of a Pokemon, 2D Mario, Wii Sports or Wii Fit to ensure WiiU wins next gen. Unless MS and Sony completely drop the ball.

Yes. Mario can easily reach 20 Million. Also NintendoLand has potential. Not much else I can say about that as the Wii U isn't even out yet.

Wii U already is ensure all that.

Nintendoland wouldn't sell jack unbundled. Not gonna sell Wiis that's for sure.

2D Mario can sell 20M on the right system, so can Mario Kart. WiiU isn't THAT system.

Why is Wii U not that system? MK:DD!! still sold great on the NGC despite it being a poor HW seller. 

DD sold 20M?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

NintendoPie said:
Pyro as Bill said:
NintendoPie said:
Pyro as Bill said:

So you think Nintendo will have a 20M seller next gen? OK, we'll see.

It's gonna take something NEW on the level of a Pokemon, 2D Mario, Wii Sports or Wii Fit to ensure WiiU wins next gen. Unless MS and Sony completely drop the ball.

Yes. Mario can easily reach 20 Million. Also NintendoLand has potential. Not much else I can say about that as the Wii U isn't even out yet.

Wii U already is ensure all that.

Nintendoland wouldn't sell jack unbundled. Not gonna sell Wiis that's for sure.

2D Mario can sell 20M on the right system, so can Mario Kart. WiiU isn't THAT system.

Why is Wii U not that system? MK:DD!! still sold great on the NGC despite it being a poor HW seller. 

DD sold 20M?

Probably the GCs biggest hardware mover.

Pyro as Bill said:

I haven't forgot.

Nintendo games include new IP that blows away anything/everything. Pokemon, Wii Sports, Wii Fit not Nintendololand.

Nintendoland isn't really targeted at seasoned Nintnedo fans.

It is more at the new kids as a marketing tool to introduce them to Nintendo franchises (12 mini games themed apprently).

That is how they will sell more of their franchises. 

MDMAlliance said:
The concept of the Wii U is also very interesting as it introduces a type of gameplay that we have not really experienced yet. Considering the Wii U may not be all that expensive, I have no doubt in my mind that you're absolutely wrong.

YES WE HAVE!!!!

Baseball on Wii Sports or L4D for the hardcore both had assymetric gameplay. Didn't do jack and an extra screen won't help.

Around the Network

Pyro as Bill said:
MDMAlliance said:

YES WE HAVE!!!!

Baseball on Wii Sports or L4D for the hardcore both had assymetric gameplay. Didn't do jack and an extra screen won't help.

Asymmetric gameplay isn't the only kind of gameplay I'm thinking it would give us.

Ckoal said:
Man this guy is really delusional... I just don't understand why this guy thinks Nintendo will lose all of it's appeal to everyone over night. People still want Mario Kart, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wii Universe games... and those are just the first party games... So yeah I doubt they would go fully down the tube

Nobody ever wanted Pikmin.

How many people are desperate for MK7 v MK Wii.?

Donkey Kong Wii sales prove that nostalgia was a factor because it was crap compared to previous DKs (2D).WiiU won't have that advantage.

Smash Bros, yeah maybe, doubt it'll hit 10M though.

MDMAlliance said:
Pyro as Bill said:
MDMAlliance said:

YES WE HAVE!!!!

Asymmetric gameplay isn't the only kind of gameplay I'm thinking it would give us.

Tell us more. Nintendo need the ideas.

Pyro as Bill said:

I haven't forgot.

Nintendo games include new IP that blows away anything/everything. Pokemon, Wii Sports, Wii Fit not Nintendololand.

Then you would agree that because it's Nintendo and it has Nintendo games that it'll sell well, right?