By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Need help finding someone...help me! (MAJOR UPDATE)

blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Just keep messaging the ass on PSN, facebook, and keep calling him. There are a few sites that help you locate old friends by putting in name, address, and phone number but I've never used them so I don't know if they are reliable.

Here's one:

http://www.intelius.com/

That website you have to pay for the detailed info, which is about 15 bucks..

And I need cash at the moment which is why I wanted to sell U3!

@xLeftyx, I don't think that would be him lol, that looks like a little kid.

@TadpoleJackson, I don't know his mom, or even know if she has a facebook lol

k, buddy, you need to get a job. I'm sure I can find UC3 at a local pawn shop for 15$, max.

What you don't realize is that the time you're wasting trying to get your money from him you could win in 2 hours work at your local HW store or Burger King or what-have-you, and get some income while you're at it. Maybe you have a job, then okay why are you so butthurt over 15$ worth (it's not new after all).

Let me tell you a story:

When I was 12, my brother and I bought a copy of Final Fantasy III second hand for 60 bucks. Back then, that was a lot of money for us. The price for the game was 50-60 bucks second hand back then it was a prestigious item. One day my bro decides to lend it to a guy called Fousy Camil. Fousy Camil, what a name. Anyways, a few months later we try to get in touch with him. My family prepared a camping trip out in the Gaspésie area and we were about to leave in a few days. After much research (like you're doing), I finally found his number in the phone book. We actually made it to his house but noone was home. I later called him and actually got him on the phone, he promised me he would have the game in my mailbox soon. Well, we went on the camping trip for 2 weeks. During the whole time all I could think of was the Final Fantasy III cartridge. When I finally got back from my trip during which I obsessed over a piece of plastic rather than enjoying special moments with my family, I arrived home to find that the mailbox was empty. I never got my copy of the game again. Until years later where I bought another copy of FFIII.

So, the advice I can give you is let it go. If justice is what you want, justice doesn't involve money, it's a principle. And if that's what you want, well you need to know that the bad habits this young boy has learnt early in his life, he will pay for them one way or another, if not now, then in the afterlife. I would tell you that Jesus forgives all sins for those who wish to receive it, but you don't want to hear about that.

So that's my advice to you... give it up. You'll just be happier.

I understand you lost something dear to you, but it's only a game, a piece of plastic. And soon enough, trust me, you'll find the game at a bargain price at a pawn shop near you. Who knows, it may even be your copy! :P

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Just keep messaging the ass on PSN, facebook, and keep calling him. There are a few sites that help you locate old friends by putting in name, address, and phone number but I've never used them so I don't know if they are reliable.

Here's one:

http://www.intelius.com/

That website you have to pay for the detailed info, which is about 15 bucks..

And I need cash at the moment which is why I wanted to sell U3!

@xLeftyx, I don't think that would be him lol, that looks like a little kid.

@TadpoleJackson, I don't know his mom, or even know if she has a facebook lol

k, buddy, you need to get a job. I'm sure I can find UC3 at a local pawn shop for 15$, max.

What you don't realize is that the time you're wasting trying to get your money from him you could win in 2 hours work at your local HW store or Burger King or what-have-you, and get some income while you're at it. Maybe you have a job, then okay why are you so butthurt over 15$ worth (it's not new after all).

Let me tell you a story:

When I was 12, my brother and I bought a copy of Final Fantasy III second hand for 60 bucks. Back then, that was a lot of money for us. The price for the game was 50-60 bucks second hand back then it was a prestigious item. One day my bro decides to lend it to a guy called Fousy Camil. Fousy Camil, what a name. Anyways, a few months later we try to get in touch with him. My family prepared a camping trip out in the Gaspésie area and we were about to leave in a few days. After much research (like you're doing), I finally found his number in the phone book. We actually made it to his house but noone was home. I later called him and actually got him on the phone, he promised me he would have the game in my mailbox soon. Well, we went on the camping trip for 2 weeks. During the whole time all I could think of was the Final Fantasy III cartridge. When I finally got back from my trip during which I obsessed over a piece of plastic rather than enjoying special moments with my family, I arrived home to find that the mailbox was empty. I never got my copy of the game again. Until years later where I bought another copy of FFIII.

So, the advice I can give you is let it go. If justice is what you want, justice doesn't involve money, it's a principle. And if that's what you want, well you need to know that the bad habits this young boy has learnt early in his life, he will pay for them one way or another, if not now, then in the afterlife. I would tell you that Jesus forgives all sins for those who wish to receive it, but you don't want to hear about that.

So that's my advice to you... give it up. You'll just be happier.

I understand you lost something dear to you, but it's only a game, a piece of plastic. And soon enough, trust me, you'll find the game at a bargain price at a pawn shop near you. Who knows, it may even be your copy! :P

This is pretty good advice I'll say, but I'm not obsessing lol, just yesturday I had some fun with friends and what not. The problem is, that I just want kick his ass right about now for gaining my trust and abusing it.

Don't worry guys I'm not obsessed or anything!

It's hard to get a job when I don't have a liscence yet >.> I am working on that issue, but the point isn't really the cash too much, now I just want to find him and see the surprised look on his face hehehe.

@Basilzero,, I could, but it's a game lol, the police have better things to do!

BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:

This is pretty good advice I'll say, but I'm not obsessing lol, just yesturday I had some fun with friends and what not. The problem is, that I just want kick his ass right about now for gaining my trust and abusing it.

Don't worry guys I'm not obsessed or anything!

It's hard to get a job when I don't have a liscence yet >.> I am working on that issue, but the point isn't really the cash too much, now I just want to find him and see the surprised look on his face hehehe.

@Basilzero,, I could, but it's a game lol, the police have better things to do!

Hey its still a potential case, you could even go as far as filing a civil suit if you get a case number from the Police.

I'd rather take it easy lol, Police is definitely extreme and strange. 

Easy, just look him up in the phone book. If you have his last name start there. There will probably be several of his last name so you may have to call each home and ask if he lives there. Once you've found his home you'll have his address because the phone book lists addresses next to the phone numbers. Easy.

HUGE successful update in the original post, have a gander =D

-Sorry if this counts as necrobumping, but I believe I did say I would update if anything did happen

Around the Network

Omg... You bullied him to get an iPod touch... Damn you're evil...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Omg... You bullied him to get an iPod touch... Damn you're evil...

I win, he's a wuss for doing all that, and it's only fair that I rip him off so he learns his lesson. If I didn't find him he never would have called me or anything.

I'm pretty sure this is all one long PSA for making solid passwords.

blkfish92 said:

The problem is, that I just want kick his ass right about now for gaining my trust and abusing it.

No, the problem is that you're upset with yourself for being stupid and you want to take it out on him for your own stupidity.  Most if not all of us have been in that situation, but the problem here isn't that he gained your trust, the problem here is you were stupid enough to trust him.  I mean, who in their right mind gives something away of value (to them or in general) for nothing?  Worse, who gloats about getting something (an iPod Touch) as compensation when it's password protected.

Not only have you been duped the initial time, but you've been duped at least twice and you think you're in the better for it.   That my friend is an A-Class conman. 

The seriously wrong thing, is you asked for his license and debit card, then took an iPod Touch in exchange.  This guy could have easily contacted the police about it because legally he would have been in the right.  You and your friends approached him, then you demanded something you weren't entitled to from him (his license and debit card).  And who knows the legal status of the iPod Touch.  Watch it was stolen, he knew it was stolen, and now he has someone else contact the police letting them know you have it.  Yeah, you're the brighter-side of a dim bulb alright.

You have no clue on how to deal with situations and one day that'll get you deep in one.  If you're selling something, don't hand over possession until you have cash in hand.  If the person doesn't have the cash, then don't listen to their sob story, move on. 

Adinnieken said:
blkfish92 said:

The problem is, that I just want kick his ass right about now for gaining my trust and abusing it.

No, the problem is that you're upset with yourself for being stupid and you want to take it out on him for your own stupidity.  Most if not all of us have been in that situation, but the problem here isn't that he gained your trust, the problem here is you were stupid enough to trust him.  I mean, who in their right mind gives something away of value (to them or in general) for nothing?  Worse, who gloats about getting something (an iPod Touch) as compensation when it's password protected.

Not only have you been duped the initial time, but you've been duped at least twice and you think you're in the better for it.   That my friend is an A-Class conman. 

The seriously wrong thing, is you asked for his license and debit card, then took an iPod Touch in exchange.  This guy could have easily contacted the police about it because legally he would have been in the right.  You and your friends approached him, then you demanded something you weren't entitled to from him (his license and debit card).  And who knows the legal status of the iPod Touch.  Watch it was stolen, he knew it was stolen, and now he has someone else contact the police letting them know you have it.  Yeah, you're the brighter-side of a dim bulb alright.

You have no clue on how to deal with situations and one day that'll get you deep in one.  If you're selling something, don't hand over possession until you have cash in hand.  If the person doesn't have the cash, then don't listen to their sob story, move on. 

I take it you don't have close friends at all, I though this guy was a close school friend, but he wasn't.

Oh ya and this is the first time I've ever misinterpreted someone, so I'm not a sucker. Didn't you read, the ipod isn't even password protected anymore, I took it off.

-edit, You are very right though, my friends even said that I was a jackass for trusting someone. From now on I only truly trust the people in my super close friend circle, and my father.