By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Music guilty pleasures!

For me, it's music from the 1950's. Happy, relaxing music. With singers like Elvis Presley, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, just amazing music. Big Band and Jazz from the era was especially good. Every genre from the era was just great to listen too. I think I discovered my love for 1950's music from playing Mafia II, which was full of those old songs, which I had not of heard of before I played the game

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Also, Gangnam Style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Of course, the game essentially is also very important, this game is not been no brain exercises, story missions, or the completion of some of the events, pass point, attractions, will upgrade to be faster than you knock strange many, the overall game playable degrees personally think that guild wars 2 gold, as long as the other players around the trigger task you can be directly involved in, even if not the value of the experience of the team is also ok, Daguai or solution task because there are a lot of players will not be divided equally out. In addition to the gw2 gold, warehouse, transfer points, collecting production, auction ... the system has a very user-friendly design, play only a couple of days, nor the good news side to show off the saliva for GW2 experience articles in Bach In fact, there are quite a few interested can climb.

Mariah Carey, but I don't feel guilty about it. She is a highly accomplished singer/songwriter/producer (the highest selling singer-songwriter-producer in history for that matter), and has one of the best singing voices in the history of recorded music; given her 5 octave range and the ability to hit the whistle register, that puts her in a vocal category that only a very small number of singers have matched and they are all opera singers.

While she is mostly known for girly music; I find a lot of her songs are in the realm of universal appeal; particularly within her first three albums - the first album simply called Mariah Carey, the second called Emotions, and the third one Musicbox.

A little different from the style of music she did later, but her early 90's vocal work and live performances are unsurpassed by any other singer-songwriter (Celine Dion was arguably on Mariah's level, but she doesn't write or produce any of her own music) Here are a couple of 1993 performances, 93-95 was in my opinion when she was at her peak:

And a very emotional rendition of my personal favourite Mariah Carey song, performed in 1991 on Soul Train:

Then there is her first album which she wrote in the 80's, some of which she wrote while she was in High School and during her homeless years when she had a rebellious spirit:

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Mariah Carey, but I don't feel guilty about it. She is a highly accomplished singer/songwriter/producer (the highest selling singer-songwriter-producer in history for that matter), and has one of the best singing voices in the history of recorded music; given her 5 octave range and the ability to hit the whistle register, that puts her in a vocal category that only a very small number of singers have matched and they are all opera singers.

While she is mostly known for girly music; I find a lot of her songs are in the realm of universal appeal; particularly within her first three albums - the first album simply called Mariah Carey, the second called Emotions, and the third one Musicbox.

A little different from the style of music she did later, but her early 90's vocal work and live performances are unsurpassed by any other singer-songwriter (Celine Dion was arguably on Mariah's level, but she doesn't write or produce any of her own music) Here are a couple of 1993 performances, 93-95 was in my opinion when she was at her peak:

And a very emotional rendition of my personal favourite Mariah Carey song, performed in 1991 on Soul Train:

Then there is her first album which she wrote in the 80's, some of which she wrote while she was in High School and during her homeless years when she had a rebellious spirit:

What do you think of her new song?

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Mariah Carey should not be a guilty pleasure. She produced amazing music over the years