By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Preview of Assasin's Creed DS!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/845/845344p1.html

Assassins Creed: Altair's Chronicles
Ubisoft and Gameloft give up the first details on the Nintendo DS rendition of last year's console hit.

January 14, 2008 - Though the game was a hit or miss depending on who you talk to, there's no denying that Assassin's Creed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 was Ubisoft's big title of 2007. Throughout that game's development and even after its release in November, there were hints about the possibility of a Nintendo DS rendition hitting the system close to the shipdate of the console game. It's out of the possibility and into reality: Ubisoft has been cooking up an exclusive continuation of the Assassin's Creed storyline for handheld gamers: Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles is shipping this February for the dual screen handheld.

Altair's Chronicles is actually a prequel to the plot established on last year's PS3 and 360 games, exploring more of Altair's history in the Crusade's Middle East. In this game, players will unfold more of the storyline as they guide Altair through (and over) four cities to find "the chalice," an object of power that may have the ability to end the Crusades.

The DS game looks to be far more than its mobile phone counterpart.

Gameloft, Ubisoft's mobile focused development studio is the group working on the DS rendition. Judging from the screenshots that Ubisoft sent over, it's clear that Gameloft's DS game is not based upon the existing mobile phone version. What's not clear is if the same team that produced last year's impressive and fun Brothers in Arms DS. What Gameloft has cooked up is a DS-centric rendition of the same acrobatic gameplay and up-close combat action that Ubisoft Montreal established in last year's console original. It all takes place in a 3D environment that utilizes the handheld's hardware strengths to get the job done.

According to Ubisoft, there will be nearly a dozen different weapons, such as daggers, explosives, and swords. There will also be an ever-important grappling hook to get up to normally out of reach areas. Of course, it really wouldn't be a Nintendo DS game if the development team didn't manage to sandwich in a few touch-screen gimmicks – in this case, you'll be able to pick-pocket victims and make informants speak by taking part in stylus-controlled mini-games.

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles hits shelves in a few short weeks. We'll have more on the game, including hands-on play, as we get closer to its February 2008 release date.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Looks pretty sweet to me :)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

hmmm...very nice

Looks niceee...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

wow the game looks good,and it sounds like it will turn out like that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I wanna see the city, I'm going to hunt for a gameplay video, if I don't report back that means I didn't find one.

Around the Network

It looks like doody to me

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@ AoA: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a gameplay video that will knock our socks off. If you succeed, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams. If you fail, may god have mercy on your soul.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Well I didn't find a video but I found the city screens I was after.

looks good.

^^wow that looks very good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"