By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU, What games do you want to see on it?

Fester's Quest II
Rogue Trooper II
GTA V
James Pond: Robocod VI
Duck Tales III
Gyromite II

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
RedInker said:
Cobretti2 said:

don't be so negative. I am looking forward to RE where you map out your onrails experience on the wiiu controller before the level begins.

Lol. That would bring a whole new experience to on-rails shooters. The sad thing is I can see that happening.

I can see a really cool experience being derived from such a control system. Not only would it enable people to take control of the rails, but it could be blended into the experience really effectively. The paths taken through the map could be a way for the player to influence the difficulty of the map, secrets could be hidden in such a way that you must double back to find them, and if the player can modify the path mid-level (pause the game, change the path), then you could even have a dynamic experience where the path you take causes changes to the map that mean you can access locations you otherwise would have missed.

And such a gameplay style would enable a really effective local co-op multiplayer experience for people who aren't good with controlling FPS games.

You need to use your imagination, and try to picture new ways to play games. It's kind of like how, when the vitality sensor was shown, a lot of people went "that's stupid"... right up until the point where someone pointed out the idea of a survival horror game that adapts itself based on your "vitals" to influence what the game throws at you.

Of course, I assume that cobretti2 was being somewhat sarcastic, and I do agree that "test games" need to stop being made - either make a proper game for the system, or admit that you just aren't willing to try. "Test games" are code for "we don't really want to support the system, but we also don't want to appear like we're not supporting the system". And if the game is successful, they just make another "test game", rather than considering it to support the thing they were supposed to be testing.

In short, I don't want a game that is RE on-rails with a touchpad gimmick as a "test game", but I'd love to see a special mode in a real RE that uses that idea to provide a new experience.

yep I was being sarcastic, but I did read your post and I agree. There is potential to do it right that isn't jus ttacked on for the sake of i., But PLEASE NOT A TEST GAME.

RE onrails was just plain stupid.

House of the dead overkill on the other hand was not, because that is what the game is and it does nto hide the fact. It tries to use cheesy comedy to make the game funny.

Where as Capcom with RE, used a great franchise and dumbed it down and expected people to buy it and then had the gall top complain when they didn't sell well.

Cobretti2 said:
yep I was being sarcastic, but I did read your post and I agree. There is potential to do it right that isn't jus ttacked on for the sake of i., But PLEASE NOT A TEST GAME.

RE onrails was just plain stupid.

House of the dead overkill on the other hand was not, because that is what the game is and it does nto hide the fact. It tries to use cheesy comedy to make the game funny.

Where as Capcom with RE, used a great franchise and dumbed it down and expected people to buy it and then had the gall top complain when they didn't sell well.

Umbrella Chronicles didn't sell that badly, and Capcom spoke positively of it. Indeed, it has outsold every other spinoff Resident Evil game except Code Veronica. I don't think anyone out there really has a problem with the fact that they made and released Umbrella Chronicles - after all, they released it just half a year after the Resident Evil 4 port, and thus helped to cement the series on the system...

The problem came with what happened next. Capcom didn't take the strong sales of Umbrella Chronicles to be proof that the Wii was a great place for another Resident Evil game, they took it as proof that it was a great place for another RE lightgun game, despite the fact that RE4 outsold Umbrella Chronicles.

And thus, we got Darkside Chronicles. As for the strong performance of RE4? They used that as justification for porting other old Resident Evil titles. Basically, it was a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, and THAT was the true problem with what they did. Port sold well? Here's some more ports of even older games. Lightgun "test" game sold well? Have another one. Oh, you want a new Resident Evil like RE4? Too bad, we have no evidence that it'll sell well (wait, what?).

Of course, the real case of utter absurdity was Dead Space: Extraction. Now THAT was a travesty, and they shouldn't have been at all surprised that it sold poorly (I can find no sign that it did any better on PS3). And yet, it was just considered proof that Dead Space wouldn't sell well on Wii. It was a literal case of dumbing down the game, because the game constantly took the control away from you beyond just those related to being on rails.

1st party:
- New Legend of Zelda
- New Mario (not the NSMB U one)
- New Metroid (more in the style of Other M, but with more exploration)
- New Donkey Kong

3rd party:
- Final Fantasy (XV possibly?)
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
- Resident Evil 6
- Tomb Raider
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Dead Space 3
- MGR: Revengance
- DmC: Devil May Cry
+ everything else that is from 3rd party and is actually GOOD. :)