By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Films That Scare You

Tagged games:

Necromunda said:
Stanley Kubricks, The Shining, with Jack Nicholson. Never fails to freak me out, also my all-time favorite Horror Movie.

That's actually quite a good one.

The scene with the bathtub was pretty creepy. The book is actually quite chilling, especially the part where the boy is in the corridor with the firehose. I don't think that scene was in the film and I can understand why, it's not something that would translate well to film but the descriptions in the book sent shivers up my spine.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Nowadays horror movies don't scare me at all, which pisses me off! I am constantly searching for a movie that will scare me, but I haven't come across one yet. However, when I was 10 I watched sleepy hollow and that scared the shit out of me, but when I watch it nowadays I laugh at its absurdity...

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I want to feel terrified!

I guess we will have to wait until virtual reality becomes a strong medium for film, then we can actually wet ourselves with fear by actually participating directly in the film, feeling the sense of dread and fear and being unable to leave.

Oh man thought of another one. Not scary in the way lots of horror movies are. Audition. F that movie. It is just disturbing.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

most horror movies are only disgusting for me and not scary but scary:

i believe "gin gwai" was scary but i saw that very drunken maybe i am wrong^^ and event horizon is scary like some already said.

there's way to many movies that are just all blood and gore. Not scary. One i remembered that scared the crap outta me was jeepers creepers.

i seen it when i was really young. That song man jeepers creepers were'd you get those peepers.

Around the Network

Movies don't really scare me. Except jump scares but thats just reflex and not real fear.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" is quality; even if parts did differ from the book a bit.  The imagery in that movie is great.

But the movie that scared me the most is one that I'm sure only 1% of the people on this site have ever heard of.  It's a 1978 horror movie I first saw as a kid called "The Manitou".  Here's the IMDB description:

"A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit."

Sound cheesy?  Yeah, maybe it is story-wise.  But once that thing emerges from her back, it's pretty damn scary.  First, a Native American Shaman is brought to the hospital where the woman is to try and contain the spirit before it's out.  Needless to say, that doesn't work too well.  Second, because of all the X-ray radiation done by the doctors, the reincarnated spirit, called Misquamacas, comes out physically deformed... and he's real pissed about that. 

It's not the best horror movie ever made, but Black Magic freaks me out, and it's directed well regarding the scare factor.  In particular, the part where Misquamacas re-animates a dead body (mostly the sound it makes) still creeps me out to this day.

Seriously, even without Medicine Man magic, Misquamacas would be terrifying:

nothing scares me anymore. Mind you I been watching horror movies since I was 3 years old, so nothig is a surprise anymore.

When i was about 4, the scariest thing for me at the time was The Lamp (aka The Outing in the US).

archbrix said:

"A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit."

I'm actually going to watch that, just because of that discription I love some very obscure and ridiclous movies and that looks right up my street.

Dallinor said:
archbrix said:

I'm actually going to watch that, just because of that discription I love some very obscure and ridiclous movies and that looks right up my street.

Nice.  You'll probably like it then.

You may find yourself laughing at some of it (as I said, it's certainly not the best horror movie) but they do a good job making that little guy scary!