By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Would You Make The Vita A Sales Success?

I would make it the only available controller for the PS4 after a massive price cut. That way they would also be able to effectively combat the Wii U and cut a slice of the market it has created.

...or maybe I would just release and advertise the games that the market wants. If they are good/well known enough people won't care about the prices.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
The fact that Monster Hunter will be on 3DS first totally deludes any subsequent exclusive Monster Hunter game released for the Vita. It would certainly improve Vita sales but it wouldn't really help it in the race against the 3DS at all.

This is a really tough question. Not because we don't know the answers, because we do. It's just the most plausible solutions aren't practical (i.e. price cut) or are a long ways away (i.e. an exclusive MH [if it even happens] and system selling games).

Monster Hunter isn't the only software that would help and that franchise only has power in japan. There a number of titles I think can push the Vita worldwide from 50k on the average to closer to 80-100k.

Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy X HD, Final Fantasy Type 0 Vita (international release and japanese special edition), Final Fantasy V, A new spin of title.

Grand Turismo: Arguably Sony's biggest franchise, this would definitely sell hardware in japan, not so sure about the west, although it would definitely sell well over here.

One Piece (japan): this franchise has proven to be massive in japan and the ps3 title sold over 600k in its 1st week. If the Vita can get an original game from the franchise that would do sony good.

Grand Theft Auto (west): A stand alone Vita GTA would do great, its still the highest selling psp game.

I think In the west its more abou having a variety of AAA titles, whereas in japan one big franchise can change it all.

The Bioshock game could be big depending on how original it is and how soon it comes out.

I also think the power of a well done morrowind port is underestimated.

Morrowind port?

Is that wishful thinking or actually happening?

Got nine NEW PSP Vitas on the shelf and six Used ones to sell. Sony BETTER do something!!
Price drop a MUST with FREE 4gig memory card and a FREE game (digital or Physical) Make gamers feel they NEED to go portable with Vita or it'll just END up like another PSP go...

Around the Network
teigaga said:

Monster Hunter isn't the only software that would help and that franchise only has power in japan. There a number of titles I think can push the Vita worldwide from 50k on the average to closer to 80-100k.

Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy X HD, Final Fantasy Type 0 Vita

Grand Turismo

One Piece (japan)

Grand Theft Auto (west)

I don't think any of those titles you mention will have a lasting impact on Vita sales worldwide.  The Vita needs more than a temporary hardware boost, which is all those titles would provide.  Monster Hunter sustained the PSP in Japan.  It was an evergreen title that stayed on the charts and kept PSP numbers at respectable levels.  Final Fantasy, One Piece, GTA, and Gran Tourismo aren't gonna do that anywhere.

Carl2291 said:
Morrowind port?

Is that wishful thinking or actually happening?

Wishful thinking. I'm just saying people are quick to pick out games like Monster Hunter, GTA and COD but forget that Skyrim sold 10m+. Morrowind is a game that very few people have played and a Vita version with some graphics updates, would be very appealing to the 10m who bought Skyrim. Also I would be the 1st game of its kind for a handheld system.

200$ pricepoint with a 4gb card
and big names llike GTA, CoD, GT, FF and RE

Kenology said:
teigaga said:

Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy X HD, Final Fantasy Type 0 Vita

Grand Turismo

One Piece (japan)

Grand Theft Auto (west)

I don't think any of those titles you mention will have a lasting impact on Vita sales worldwide.  The Vita needs more than a temporary hardware boost, which is all those titles would provide.  Monster Hunter sustained the PSP in Japan.  It was an evergreen title that stayed on the charts and kept PSP numbers at respectable levels.  Final Fantasy, One Piece, GTA, and Gran Tourismo aren't gonna do that anywhere.

Its not about a single game making the system a success, its about a sequence of them within a given season (winter/spring/summer) giving the system momentum and convincing people its worth the investment, and that its going to get great games. Also giving developers confidence that they can make money off it. 

What about Minecraft?