By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Would You Make The Vita A Sales Success?

Currently, the Vita's sales are fairly low. Despite a solid game library, it's struggling to gain momentum in the three main sales territories and it's pacing far below its main rival the 3DS. Barring a couple of upcoming hit games, how would you make the Vita a consistent sales success? Price drops? New features? A change in the overall games library? Or would you aim for a combination of changes? Share it all here.

Around the Network

A solid game library lol? I guess the easy answer is a price drop if you truly believe it has a solid library but I disagree with that.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Price cut on memory cards; better marketing. Other than that, I'd just be patient.

There's pretty good bargains to be had for buying digital these days on PSN, so if the price of memory cards was lower, I think more people would adopt.

I don't think it's been marketed very well, at least where I live (UK). I see bloody 3DS adverts with Kim Cattrall on TV all the time, but I've yet to see anything like that for the Vita.

But, as always, I think it just needs some time. Give it a big marketing push with Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and LittleBigPlanet alongside memory card pricecut, and I think we'll start seeing it take off a little better.

Final Fantasy 7 remake of course

Well either then that it needs the franchise that made the psp popular GTA, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear,ect

So it all comes down to the software library

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Big names on its game library
i mean sure GR is great but is not moving any hw

Around the Network

I agree that it had a solid library, but it lacks what's most essential to it's success, system selling games. What it needs is a steady supply of games from big existing franchises and quality new IPs. A new GTA, Gran Turismo or MH could and probably would do wonders for it and if you produce enough new IPs made by talented studios like Sony Bend, Tarsier studios and Sony Japan, one is bound to be a hit.

The easy answer here is a price cut but we all know why that won't happen. Currently the best ways would be:

-make the games cheaper (brand new games can be £45 and this is too much)
-cut the memory card prices
-fully compatible cross play
-bundle in a 4gb memory card as standard with every console
-more advertising, showing purely gameplay
-make sure it's biggest releases are all given heavy advertising and bundles
-new colours and limited edition consoles with big game releases

More games to women. Sometimes we forget that women are actually an important segment of the gaming market.

Sony can't afford a price cut right now, so I would make a cheaper 2nd model with a cheaper single touch touchscreen, get rid of the back touchpad, and use cheaper materials for the hardware. I would also have this model use standard memory cards instead of the overpriced proprietary memory cards.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

In japan: hope for the best

3DS will enter a sales momentum in one month that'll be hard to go against. Monster Hunter's future was somehow open until last saturday, so that was always something Vita could lean on. But unless nothing changes about its situation or a big third party game is announced (like a NEW Final Fantasy or EXCLUSIVE God Eater 2), things will continue to be bad. This or the occasional miracle or jackpot. I mean, who can say Soul Sacrifice will be tiny or giant?

For other places I think it'll do well with time. Price cut is important though.