By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gamers don't buy a game because it is for another console?

Tagged games:

Would you buy a game you're a fan of if it's not on your favorite console?

Yes 108 63.16%

No 50 29.24%

See results 13 7.60%

Total:171

Quite simple: They do not own the system the game is available on and do not want to buy said other system.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Quite simple: They do not own the system the game is available on and do not want to buy said other system.

*Bonx* The question was... What if your favorite series goes to said other system you don't want to buy? Should they buy anyways? Not just want it, they're a huge fan of the series?

Not as simple as you though huh?

happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:

*Bonx* The question was... What if your favorite series goes to said other system you don't want to buy? Should they buy anyways? Not just want it, they're a huge fan of the series?

No still simple.

To many a new system/console is a big investment. It is not worth it if your only gonna play one game. 

If its an issue of story lore, just wiki or watch a playthrough on Youtube. If its gameplay then theres always other games in the genre to enjoy. Point being, one game isn't worth it. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

No still simple.

To many a new system/console is a big investment. It is not worth it if your only gonna play one game. 

If its an issue of story lore, just wiki or watch a playthrough on Youtube. If its gameplay then theres always other games in the genre to enjoy. Point being, one game isn't worth it. 

I don't buy that. If you're a fan of a series, and the next big entry is coming out on a system you don't have, you're gonna go deeper than your thought process.

Maybe you've never been in that position, but I have, and I was torn. Ultimately, I had to have the game. Is it expensive? Yes. Could I wait? A little, but it tore me in two. I had to give in. So no, not that simple, but I guess you've just never been there so I can accept that you don't understand.

happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:

No still simple.

I don't buy that. If you're a fan of a series, and the next big entry is coming out on a system you don't have, you're gonna go deeper than your thought process.

Maybe you've never been in that position, but I have, and I was torn. Ultimately, I had to have the game. Is it expensive? Yes. Could I wait? A little, but it tore me in two. I had to give in. So no, not that simple, but I guess you've just never been there so I can accept that you don't understand.

Ive been there. Basically with PC games my current one cant run. I ultimately decided upgrading my PC isnt worth it. After a couple weeks I didnt care anymore. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Ive been there. Basically with PC games my current one cant run. I ultimately decided upgrading my PC isnt worth it. After a couple weeks I didnt care anymore. 

How much are you a fan of the game though. For example, there are some series I can't really do without, even more so back in the NES/SNES days. Those are Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Megaman, Zelda and Metroid. When FF, Megaman and Castlevania went to the PS, I cared alot. In retrospect, I should have bought the Playstation when it dropped in price, but I waited even longer and it was a mistake... I was being foolish.

A nice-to-have is another story though. Maybe your PC game is a nice-to-have? Is there a game you could never do without and if so what would it be?

happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:

How much are you a fan of the game though. For example, there are some series I can't really do without, even more so back in the NES/SNES days. Those are Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Megaman, Zelda and Metroid. When FF, Megaman and Castlevania went to the PS, I cared alot. In retrospect, I should have bought the Playstation when it dropped in price, but I waited even longer and it was a mistake... I was being foolish.

A nice-to-have is another story though. Maybe your PC game is a nice-to-have? Is there a game you could never do without and if so what would it be?

Starcraft and Halo. Luckily my PC can run SC 2 and Halo has the luxury of sticking to a console I allready own and like. 

If it were to move? Not sure what I would do. Guess it depends on your desire and will power. Again its a great game versus the unecessary investment for just that one game. Depends on the person I guess. 

sales2099 said:

Starcraft and Halo. Luckily my PC can run SC 2 and Halo has the luxury of sticking to a console I allready own and like. 

If it were to move? Not sure what I would do. Guess it depends on your desire and will power. Again its a great game versus the unecessary investment for just that one game. Depends on the person I guess. 

There you go. That makes much more sense.

sales2099 said:
happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:

No still simple.

I agree with you. It's very valid to skip a game of the series, if you don't want to buy the system for only that game (or only two or three). But I thought this thread also about hating the game-company for jumping ship and about saying the game is not worth it, because it is on the wrong console. These both things are ridicilous.

To take an older example: If you owned a Gamecube, because of the better specs compared to the PS2, you were probably happy with hardcore-titles like RE4, that had clearly better graphics on your console than on the PS2. It would be valid, that you didn't buy - say FFX, because it wasn't enough to own the console only for that game. But giving SquareEnix hate for the platform-decision or saying FFX is not worth it, because it could have had much better graphics if released on the Gamecube is stupid. That's my opinion about that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]