By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gamers don't buy a game because it is for another console?

Tagged games:

Would you buy a game you're a fan of if it's not on your favorite console?

Yes 108 63.16%

No 50 29.24%

See results 13 7.60%

Total:171
Heavenly_King said:
osed125 said:
Thefrag said:
Still you gotta admit this is kind of dick move on capcoms part. I know a bunch of ppl that solely bought a psp and a vita (for the future prospect) for monster hunter. Why in the holy hell are they making it exclusive to the 3ds only? That should piss more ppl off! Now ppl have to go out and buy another system just to play one game! You know ppl have lives besides video games, bills, children, wives, lets not try and make these ppl sound like they arent real games cause they dont want to buy 4000 different consoles just to play their favorite game series. It is effed up that its not coming to vita cause it started on psp, there are loads of ppl who bought a vita for monster hunter, and the handheld is really hurting now. Seriously capcom could have single handedly saved the vita, what a bunch of douches for not making it multiplat.

To be fair that's not supposed to be Capcom's job, as a third party company they don't care if a console they didn't make is failing, they won't take the risk if a game fails, because even if it is a Monster Hunter game there might be the small possibility that the game doesn't make the expectations of people. Making the Vita sales is Sony's job, either making a game of their own or invest in another one.

The game as a whole would not fail if it is multiplat.   Even if the PSVITA version of the game does not sell great, the 3DS version of the game will.  Every PSVITA game sale means profit even if they are not so great.  It is really weird to see that a greedy company as Capcom to deny themselves more money.

Capcom think they could earn more cash via exclusivity, but that is only truth in the short term, because in a long term perspective they wont get as much money if the title was multiplatform.

I bet, considering the above, that at most it is a timed exclusive.

It was moneyhatted by NINTY, sure you could blame Capcom for taking the money, but this has been going on for years by various parties

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
okr said:
NintendoPie said:

You must make a lot of money if you can buy a console for just one game!

Actually you don't need that much money for a system plus one game and don't forget new gaming systems are not launched every few months or even every year.

If I'd be interested in a PSV (which I'm currently not but this can always change depending on its future library) and if I bought it for and with just one game - like, say...hm...what available PSV game would I take...*browses current library*...okay: either Uncharted or Gravity Rush plus a 8 GB card - it would currently cost me around 280 € according to amazon.de.

I'm pretty certain there's many people around the world who - on average - spend more money each year on new smartphones, tablet PCs or Ultrabooks (often even despite already having one or more of those devices) than I do on new gaming systems. I know a few people - my niece's boyfriend, to name one - who already plan to replace their current iPhone with the new, still unannounced model. If I'm not mistaken it will cost these people around 600 € or more to "upgrade" a device they already own.

Heh, true.

Except I'm only a kid who doesn't have a job. Must be part of the joys of working and getting money? xD

you need to learn how to negotiate with your parents.

For example, when you go to buy school books, tell them they cost 4x what they really do. Then spend the other 3/4 of the money on a new console. In my case it was a 32MB geforce 2 (when those bastards were $300) haha. SO many years ago now.

logic56 said:
happydolphin said:
VGKing said:
usrevenge said:
because they don't have a 3ds? because the 3ds would be a weaker platform for a console game?

it all depends on what and who has what. I mean if a halo came out on PS3 I am sure a lot of people that had both consoles would be like ZOMG A HALO ON PS3 I am getting it.
now of course if it was like halo 3 on PS3 no 360 owner would care.

EXACTLY.

Better specs can mean better games.

Not true fans, sorry. A game can be better without better specs. It can have both, sure, but it can be a great game on a weaker-spec'd platform. Basic logic really.

only there's no logic in that at all, that's just you saying shit to justify owning a weaker maching, but you keep telling yourself that, it'll never be true but it won't stop you believeing it is

I like how you said in a previous post with happydolphin "this is going nowhere we are going to have to agree to disagree "

then you jump on him in another one. Guessing you ran out of bullets to build an argument against the other comments?

Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:
happydolphin said:
VGKing said:
usrevenge said:
because they don't have a 3ds? because the 3ds would be a weaker platform for a console game?

it all depends on what and who has what. I mean if a halo came out on PS3 I am sure a lot of people that had both consoles would be like ZOMG A HALO ON PS3 I am getting it.

EXACTLY.

Not true fans, sorry. A game can be better without better specs. It can have both, sure, but it can be a great game on a weaker-spec'd platform. Basic logic really.

only there's no logic in that at all, that's just you saying shit to justify owning a weaker maching, but you keep telling yourself that, it'll never be true but it won't stop you believeing it is

I like how you said in a previous post with happydolphin "this is going nowhere we are going to have to agree to disagree "

then you jump on him in another one. Guessing you ran out of bullets to build an argument against the other comments?

That's usually the case when someone says "this is going nowhere we are going to have to agree to disagree " on an forum.

Cobretti2 said:
logic56 said:
happydolphin said:
VGKing said:
usrevenge said:

EXACTLY.

lol keep reading

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
logic56 said:

You are a pure example of OP. Hats off. On top of that, you again moved the goalposts. The point isn't to justify my owning a weaker machine, the point is to say some people will not follow a series because it is not on their favored platform and make excuses for it (you included).

The point is, if you are a fan of a franchise, a TRUE fan, will you ignore it just because it is on a weaker platform from a graphics standpoint only (as your last point 4 mentioned, all a bunch of BS the rest was)? No, you wouldn't. But keep telling yourself it's Capcom's fault, keep on doing just that.

Don't worry though, I was just like you 13 years ago. Glad I grew out of it.

The one thing I was mad about with CAPCOM was a version RE5 not coming to Wii. But that was because I wanted to experience the game with the Wii remote like I did with RE4 which was great.

At the end of the day, as I am a fan of the series, I still baught RE5 on PS3, even though I wanted Wii Motion controls. Then the gold edition come out with move support. I was even happier then haha.

Cobretti2 said:
happydolphin said:
logic56 said:

You are a pure example of OP. Hats off. On top of that, you again moved the goalposts. The point isn't to justify my owning a weaker machine, the point is to say some people will not follow a series because it is not on their favored platform and make excuses for it (you included).

The point is, if you are a fan of a franchise, a TRUE fan, will you ignore it just because it is on a weaker platform from a graphics standpoint only (as your last point 4 mentioned, all a bunch of BS the rest was)? No, you wouldn't. But keep telling yourself it's Capcom's fault, keep on doing just that.

Don't worry though, I was just like you 13 years ago. Glad I grew out of it.

The one thing I was mad about with CAPCOM was a version RE5 not coming to Wii. But that was because I wanted to experience the game with the Wii remote like I did with RE4 which was great.

At the end of the day, as I am a fan of the series, I still baught RE5 on PS3, even though I wanted Wii Motion controls. Then the gold edition come out with move support. I was even happier then haha.

that is probably the most legit reason ive read for someone wanting to play that game on Wii. 

Cobretti2 said:

:) And that's how it should be. In the end, you were rewarded because you got what you asked for.

I can understand that a fan of MH who also likes graphics would complain if he didn't get MH on a console with superior power, but in that case why did he not complain when it came out on PSP rather than on PS3, if graphics are so important? Must it be portable? At that time the Vita didn't yet exist, so there was no "You can have both". It was either portable, or graphics. Most people cared little about graphics to complain, and portable it was.

Why now, Capcom chooses a console over another, do graphics become so important. It smells phony.

But the worst offenders aren't those that complain. It's those who boycott and complain. Such are not true fans of the series imho, or have lots of things to learn (like I once did).

ALRIGHT.

finally finished reading everything I missed. Talk about a long tennis match. I am surpirsed no one has listed a side by side comparision of specs yet haha.

You know, I'm not a true fan of Tomb Raider. So, the fact that the next one was announced for all plats but WiiU (which is apparently more powerful, to a certain degree), I was pissed, especially since porting costs almost nothing relatively speaking. I won't pretend to care about Tomb Raider, but I'll say "Oh, here's another case where 3rd parties shun a Nintendo platform".

Is it annoying to some people? Sure it is, but I won't pretend I'm a fan of the series, that I won't. Because if I were, I would have just sucked it up and bought an HD twin. In this case, I have a PS3 so it wouldn't be as bad, but not everyone owns an HD twin.