By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why gamers don't buy a game because it is for another console?

Tagged games:

Would you buy a game you're a fan of if it's not on your favorite console?

Yes 108 63.16%

No 50 29.24%

See results 13 7.60%

Total:171
osed125 said:
d21lewis said:

But to answer your question:  Yeah.  If there's a game series I like, I follow it to the ends of the earth.  That's why I have Resident Evil on PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS.  That's why I have Street Fighter on Snes, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBA, 3DS, 360, PSP, Dreacast, and more.  I don't let things like hardware confine me.  I play what I want to play 10 times out of 10.

lol that guy says pretty much what I wanted to say but better

I was hoping I'd find out that you were him.  There's another really popular youtube video game video maker that's on this site.  He's got thousands of loyal followers.  Nobody even knows who he is.  I sent him a message on youtube and he responded, "Hey, I'm really ....... on VGChartz.  Don't tell anybody!" and I never told.  Now who could it be?  Hmmm........

Around the Network

Yeah, I agree with the guy in that video. I laughed with him lol. However, I do know that some people do not have the money. Just because you don't have the money, though, shouldn't be a reason to say that you wouldn't get it because it was on that system. It means you CAN'T. So in the end he's still right.

Simple: They like the game/series, but not enough for it to be a system seller. I would bet that for all the fans Final Fantasy gained with FFVII, it lost a fair few as well, people who enjoyed FFVI, but who enjoyed games like Mario 64 more, sufficient enough to carry from SNES to N64 and not to follow FF.

Monster Hunter Tri's sales showed that whatever Capcom is losing from moving away from PS platforms, they are at least gaining back. The only question it poses is: why not multiplat? The answer in this case is a fairly transparent Nintendo moneyhat, one of very few Nintendo has ever done (the others being Monster Hunter Tri and recent Dragon Quests)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

d21lewis said:
osed125 said:
d21lewis said:

But to answer your question:  Yeah.  If there's a game series I like, I follow it to the ends of the earth.  That's why I have Resident Evil on PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS.  That's why I have Street Fighter on Snes, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBA, 3DS, 360, PSP, Dreacast, and more.  I don't let things like hardware confine me.  I play what I want to play 10 times out of 10.

I was hoping I'd find out that you were him.  There's another really popular youtube video game video maker that's on this site.  He's got thousands of loyal followers.  Nobody even knows who he is.  I sent him a message on youtube and he responded, "Hey, I'm really ....... on VGChartz.  Don't tell anybody!" and I never told.  Now who could it be?  Hmmm........

what is his name on youtube?

and yeah the guy in the video explains it very good and he looks like prince of bel air^^

Hmm. I understand the question, but for me it would simply boil down to: Do I own the system it's moving to? Followed by: Do I want to own the system it's moving to?

To use your Monster Hunter example, when I get a next-generation handheld it will be the Vita, because it already has more games I want to play than the 3DS. If I were a Monster Hunter fan, I would have no problem playing that game on the 3DS, but one game series alone wouldn't make me switch consoles - it would have to be a combination of multiple things.

Bad example, but there's a few games exclusive to 360 that I've played prequels/sequels of and would like to play the others (Halo, Banjo-Kazooie and Dead Rising are the three that spring to mind). But I can't justify spending £170 to play these few games. I don't have £170 to spend on a console to play them!

So yeah, I guess in the end it just boils down to convinence. If a series I loved hopped off Sony/Nintendo home consoles to Microsoft, I probably wouldn't have the money to follow it so would end up just letting it go and moving onto other things. And I suppose that's how all these people are feeling about Monster Hunter at the moment.

Around the Network

I haven't forgiven Sony for splitting the SNES legacy, so yea, I'll miss out on anything for their platforms.

I LOVE ICELAND!

crissindahouse said:
d21lewis said:
osed125 said:
d21lewis said:

and yeah the guy in the video explains it very good and he looks like prince of bel air^^

I've already said too much! 

d21lewis said:
crissindahouse said:

I've already said too much! 

so his youtube name would be enough to reveal who he is here? i didn't really want to know it because of vgchartz, i wanted to know it because i need some guys i can watch good videos from on youtube but ok, if youtube name would be too much then don't say^^

If i own the console bet your ass i will get the game. Wii might not be my fav gaming system I have, but that didnt stop me from getting HOD overkill Tatsunoko vs. Capcom etc.

Here's what doesnt make sense. 3DS has been out for some time and it has been known that MH would be on it. Vita just released and as of now there isnt going to be a MH on it. My thing is if these people opted to get the Vita ANYWAY, then they are just plain stupid and letting their hatred of Ninty or whatever blind them