By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Summer Sale! (Help me decide what to get)

On Tuesday, July 3rd PSN begins offering up the hottest deals of the season! The Summer Sale is coming – choose from 11 great titles, all on sale for 30% off and available at a straight up scorching 50% off for PlayStation Plus Members. Go to the PlayStation Store beginning Tuesday, July 3rd 2012 through Monday, July 9th 2012 and beat the heat with these sizzlin’ summer deals! If gorgeous classics like Shadow of the Colossus or fan favorites like inFAMOUS Festival of Blood are on your gamer radar, then Tuesday can’t come quick enough!

Click here to join PlayStation Plus today!

Gotham City Impostors
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A 6 vs. 6 first person shooter, Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to pose as their amateur vigilantes or villains. Create your own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
HE’S ON FIRE! NBA JAM: On Fire Edition from EA Sports is guaranteed to light up the court as you throwdown the craziest dunks in the history of the basketball. Don’t miss out on this reimagining of the classic arcade game!

Shadow of the Colossus
$13.99. or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat.

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
$6.99, or $4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Be sure to check out this stand-alone addition to the inFAMOUS universe.

Crysis
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. A massive alien ship reveals itself and now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace.

Killzone 3 Multiplayer
The complete Killzone 3 online experience – enjoy fierce 24-player battles using the latest ISA and Helghast weapons and technology. Utilize the PS3 controller or PS Move to take out your foes during firefights.

Closure
In the dark and mysterious world of Closure, only what you see exists. Manipulate lights to phase objects in and out of reality in this multiple-award-winning puzzle game. Don’t miss out on this unique indie title.

Jurassic Park The Game – Full Season
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A cinematic adventure 65 million years in the making! Experience a brand new adventure from Telltale Games, and see new areas and dinosaurs in this landmark game set during the events of the first Jurassic Park movie.

Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the definitive 3D Worms game! Load your weapons and experience a new dimension in destructive turn-based cartoon action! If you’ve never played Worms, this game will surely hook you.

The House of the Dead III
$4.89, or $3.42 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Run fast. Shoot faster. Straight from the arcades, this fast-paced shooting game is more realistic than ever with enhanced graphics and PlayStation Move motion controller compatibility. Get your Sharpshooter ready!

Real Steel
$6.99, or 4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A boxing-style fighting game featuring robots as combatants, based on the hit film Real Steel.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/29/psn-summer-sale-starts-tuesday-bonus-discounts-for-plus-members/

I have 14. 36 in my psn wallet right now. Of these games, which combination or which single game should I get? Is infamous FoB good? How about shadow of the colossus? I am a fan of jurassic park so how is that game? Killzone 3 seems fun. Help me decide!!! BTW, I am a plus member.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Infamous FoB is pretty good. Flying through the city is awesome. :B

I'm going to buy SotC, NBA Jam and Catherine (if rumours are true, it'll be $19.99).

I think you can try the KZ3 MP for free, but there's a level cap.

Outside of SoTC - Why is it a bunch of games no one cares about? Jurrassic Park

Xxain said:

Speak for yourself please.

Crisis for $10 is a steal. Must be experienced if you call yourself a hardcore gamer. And it's an easy Platinum.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Xxain said:

You could get Shadow of the Colossus (and Ico) as part of the HD collection for 19.99 on Amazon which imo is a better deal...

I wish a RPG would of been included in the sales :(

That's a good point. I would get a free month of plus too if I did that. The only thing is...I don't think Ico looks very fun. Does anyone know if Jurassic park is any good?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Xxain said:

JP is actually pretty fun if you know that you're getting a family friendly simple game that isn't "AAA" and all that crap, its just a traditional adventure game.

homer said:
BasilZero said:
Xxain said:

You could get Shadow of the Colossus (and Ico) as part of the HD collection for 19.99 on Amazon which imo is a better deal...

That's a good point. I would get a free month of plus too if I did that. The only thing is...I don't think Ico looks very fun. Does anyone know if Jurassic park is any good?

I don't know about Jurassic Park but you are right that Ico isn't fun. It's one of the most overrated games in history in my opinion. It was bland and boring and not very emotional and not in the least touching. Perhaps if you are a very pretentious person you would like it but not else.

Slimebeast said:
homer said:
BasilZero said:
Xxain said:

I don't know about Jurassic Park but you are right that Ico isn't fun. It's one of the most overrated games in history in my opinion. It was bland and boring and not very emotional and not in the least touching. Perhaps if you are a very pretentious person you would like it but not else.

Is SotC good though. I played a little bit of it what...maybe 6 years ago lol and I can't much remember.

I think the only games I would be interested in would be Crysis or Shadow of Collossus

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash