By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An Atheist talks about Texas

Slimebeast said:
What an ignorant man.

For once we agree. I really dislike The Amazing Athiest for the same reason. I think he is incredibly ignorant, but also very angry, illogical and insensitive. Not a good combination.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I listened to some jackass yell into a camera for about 10 seconds before I was tired of listening to some jackass yelling into a camera.

Good lord, this. I could hardly get past 20 seconds, much less 10 entire minutes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Judging from those political quotes in the video, I'm glad I don't live in Texas.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Well I thought he'd eventually stop yelling, so I watched the whole thing. X( I'm so naive.

twesterm said:

I listened to some jackass yell into a camera for about 10 seconds before I was tired of listening to some jackass yelling into a camera.

Well, that can't possibly be all you listened to. The first 10 seconds didn't feature any screaming.

Thanks for the interesting input by the way.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
twesterm said:

Well, that can't possibly be all you listened to. The first 10 seconds didn't feature any screaming.

I didn't say I watched the video for 10 seconds, I said I watched him yell into the camera for about 10 seconds.  But thanks for trying. 

twesterm said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
twesterm said:

I didn't say I watched the video for 10 seconds, I said I watched him yell into the camera for about 10 seconds.  But thanks for trying. 

Which is why I brought up the bolded.

...wait, did you just thank me?  :S

In Texas' defense a lot of those negative stats like poverty and SAT scores is because Texas is FILLED with illegal immigrants. California, for example, in 1970, was in the top 3 in terms of public education but now in 2012 it ranks DEAD LAST.

sc94597 said:
So is this video meant to be humorous or is it a serious attempt at an argument?

He's a comedic vlogger. If you watch the rest, he's trying to be entertaining, but there's still some truth to what he's saying. He's kinda like George Carlin. He gets mad and talks about the world, but its funny to watch. 

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence. Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in. Everybody sing along. 

McDonaldsGuy said:
In Texas' defense a lot of those negative stats like poverty and SAT scores is because Texas is FILLED with illegal immigrants. California, for example, in 1970, was in the top 3 in terms of public education but now in 2012 it ranks DEAD LAST.

Wait... Do they include illegal immigrants when they do that kind of researches?

I can understand the criminality numbers, but not the ones about education.