By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, who here will avoid Oreos because of a rainbow one produced for ad campaign?

Yeah! Let's hate happiness! Happiness is an abomination!
Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

My friend... Go gain some life experience and wisdom, then think for yourself. Go get some friends that are all different kinds of people so you have some real perspective on life.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
You seem to take quite an insult to me stating the fact that homosexuality is a genetic disorder, so i was wondering if you are gay yourself...you haven't answered...

Did you say that? I must have overlooked it, I would've answered, because it is wrong. Homesexuality is discovered for many mammals, it is not a uncommon phenomenom in the nature. It happens too often, to be a spontaneous mutation, so the (most likely heterosexual) parents already had this gene. As other mammals have homosexuality too, this gene already existed before the humans evolved. As it is common for mammals, homesexuality is useful for survival, otherwise it would have been eradicated in the course of evolution.

So, homosexuality is natural, everyone has the gene for homosexuality, but it is suppressed for most (like a women has genes for mens and mens for women, but the genes are suppressed for the other sex). Homosexuality is NOT a geneitc disorder, this is simply factual wrong.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I dislike the way these parades end up in some kind of freak carnival. I think it kind of takes seriousness out of such an important issue. I would prefer if they would dress like they normally would while carrying messages with demands of equality.

I completely support Oreo in what they did though.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
That's the beauty of it. With all these social reactionaries boycotting everything, soon they'll be forced to accept the future if they want to watch a hollywood-produced movie or buy food products (aside from Chik Fil-A)

Don't forget In and Out Burger... who happens to make the best burgers in the country.  (Actually I believe it was ranked number 1 overall fast food.)

Don't know what it is, but Super Christian people make some BAD ASS fast food.  Maybe they use better ingriedients.

That said... it's not like liberals don't boycott the crap out of stuff too... I mean, you mentioned it yourself just not to long ago in regards to Glen Back.

As for the OP.  If they ACTUALLY made Rainbow Oreos i'd probably be actually more likely to buy some.  That sounds badass.

Then again looking at the graphic... prolly not... too much cream, i was thinkin it was gonna be like a rainbow swirl Oreo.

Still, no issues here.

In n Out burgers ARE the best hamburgers, but Chic Fil A has the best chicken burgers!

Player1x3 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Player1x3 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

You just said they don't get discriminated against much, and then you descriminated against them "disordered sexuality."

What an idiot. 

And gay people are above you according to your sig.

What an idiot x2.

Relax monkey

You aren't gay yourself, are you?

What difference does that make?

You seem to take quite an insult to me stating the fact that homosexuality is a genetic disorder, so i was wondering if you are gay yourself...you haven't answered...

Homosexuality a disorder? What is this, 1970? You have an Internet connection, how can you be so ignorant? Homosexuality is not a disorder and it has not been classified as such (by the American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association Council of Representatives or the World Health Organization) at any point in your entire life. What are you going to bring up next, Phrenology?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Only a few christians these days state that the women should be do as their husband says. But the bible states that.

How literal are you being here? I'm pretty sure the majority of Christians (and most of the world really) believes that the man is the head of the household. Not a slave/master relationship here, but still in charge of making decisions for the well-being of the family.

Thinking about it, you seem to be right (although this behaviour feels wrong). But the situation of women have clearly changed over the last century, and even christians do not attack these changes. Most christians don't orbid their daughter to have jobs, and not only as teacher or babysitter.

I don't want to get too off-topic here, but I'll say a bit more.

I don't think that what I'm saying and what you're saying are mutually inclusive. For instance, my wife will soon be a nurse while I am still the head of the household. I will be in charge for both of our well being and that doesn't suddenly forbid her from certain occupations or suddenly define her role in terms of a specfic path she has to follow.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You're talking about oreos, so their campaign was a huge sucess.

Personally, i like them but i dont eat them. They are a highway ticket to rotten teeth hell.

Mnementh said:
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Only a few christians these days state that the women should be do as their husband says. But the bible states that.

How literal are you being here? I'm pretty sure the majority of Christians (and most of the world really) believes that the man is the head of the household. Not a slave/master relationship here, but still in charge of making decisions for the well-being of the family.

Thinking about it, you seem to be right (although this behaviour feels wrong). But the situation of women have clearly changed over the last century, and even christians do not attack these changes. Most christians don't orbid their daughter to have jobs, and not only as teacher or babysitter.

Basic principle involving leadership, which is what the man is called to have in the relationship, is that they are ultimately responsible for everything in the relationship that goes wrong, and it is their job to serve and make sure everything is right.  It certainly is not supposed to be something where they get every single whim of themselves done, and demand that people serve these whims.  They also aren't supposed to bully into compliance either.  Point of leadership is people voluntarily follow you.  In this context, that is where you have a husband-wife relationship, and families actually.

Allfreedom99 said:

Some Christians can come across as being very judgmental and making themselves look like they never sin and are better than non Christians. That is quite sad. The entire principal of the Christian faith is that "all have sinned". All have done something bad. When a Chtistian lambasts someone for a wrongful act and gives the impression that they themselves are sinless it contradicts themselves.

In the Christian belief what is "sin"? It is anything done in disobedience to God or of his statutes that He set in place. All the knowledge in the Christian faith is found in the Bible which are collections of documents written around 2000 years ago and the old testament books longer ago than that. Sin is seen in the Bible many times as something that hurts another or even oneself and are actions that God does not want humans to make. Some of those included are lieing, murder, hatred, lustful thoughts,putting someone or some thing in a higher state than God, sex with someone else you are not committed in marriage to, jealousy of another, homosexuality, taking possessions that do not belong to you, gluttony, ECT. In the Christian faith many people forget that God sees all sin as the same. The ramifications of any sin always results in the same penalty in the end. Each sin creates its own problems for someone in different ways but the penalty for each single sin results in the same ultimate outcome... Eternal separation from God.

Of course in the Christian faith the people in the old testament would many times have to sacrifice an animal in order to have forgiveness from God. this goes along with the passage in the Bible that says, " Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sin". God required a sacrifice from people in return for the sin they committed. Many times it was the best animal of their livestock. Then came Jesus the messiah as prophesied in many passages within the old testament. There were hundreds of prophesies that Jesus fulfilled. He was basically God in the flesh. In the Christian faith He was the ultimate sacrifice for all sins. He was the last payment God required in that He gave Himself as the sacrifice to give mankind the only opportunity for complete forgiveness.

so anyways to say all that in the Christian faith homosexuality is on the same ground as any other sin; lies, hatred, jealousy, murder, theft, fornication, ECT. So in that light in in the Christian faith no one can possibly be sin free and therefore people practicing homosexuality should be treated like any person who is heterosexual. The problem Christians have with the Oreo brand is that they are promoting and supporting a homosexual lifestyle. To a Christian it would be the same thing as a business stating that they support lieing theft or jealousy.

Agreed. No human can live without sin and all sins are equal in the eyes of god. So the whole notion of I am holier than thou, is completely wrong. All men/women are equal in the eyes of God.

As for the Gay Pride Parades and parties. I think they are fun, at least in San Francisco. They know how to turn every event into a fun party here. Unfortunately there are also old naked people at almost any event here too..... But still worth it.

Edit: Also In and Out makes great burgers, but they are not the best. In San Francisco the best is Umami Burger. In the bay area, the best is Al's Big Burger in El Cerrito.

MessiaH said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
That's the beauty of it. With all these social reactionaries boycotting everything, soon they'll be forced to accept the future if they want to watch a hollywood-produced movie or buy food products (aside from Chik Fil-A)

Don't forget In and Out Burger... who happens to make the best burgers in the country.  (Actually I believe it was ranked number 1 overall fast food.)

Don't know what it is, but Super Christian people make some BAD ASS fast food.  Maybe they use better ingriedients.

That said... it's not like liberals don't boycott the crap out of stuff too... I mean, you mentioned it yourself just not to long ago in regards to Glen Back.

As for the OP.  If they ACTUALLY made Rainbow Oreos i'd probably be actually more likely to buy some.  That sounds badass.

Then again looking at the graphic... prolly not... too much cream, i was thinkin it was gonna be like a rainbow swirl Oreo.

Still, no issues here.

In n Out burgers ARE the best hamburgers, but Chic Fil A has the best chicken burgers!

And I tried to find on YouTube a spot that would fit this response from Chic Fil  A, and then ran into this spot, which seems to fit this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

For my initial intent, might as well go with this spot:

Eat Mor Chikin!