By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423

Hmm...

Square Enix trademarks “Circle of Mana”
September 7th, 2012 Posted in General Nintendo, News, Posted by Valay | No Comments »

Square Enix has trademarked a few items in Japan, but there’s one filing that’s particularly interesting. “Circle of Mana” is now in the company’s possession.

The Mana series hasn’t been revisited since Square Enix released Heroes of Mana for DS back in 2007. Perhaps this trademark is a sign that the IP could be making a return?

-------------
Since the last game in the Mana series was for the DS... and Mana have been more of a portable series than anything else lately and never appeared on PSP... hmm, good chances it'll be on 3DS.

Which means... it'll be iOS.
Never played any of the DS mana games, are they any good?

They are good sellers, though

First one on the DS sold 281.083.

Around the Network

SE, please we want more RPGs, make it happen!!!!!

sethnintendo said:
VicViper said:
cusman said:

All I want to know is when are other retail games going to be available on Nintendo eShop for 3DS... I am done buying cartridges.

I hear you! Me too, much better way to buy games.

For now, only first party stuff will be available. Most likely next year, all of them (1st party) should be available. Animal Crossing in japan just got confirmed I think in the latest Nintendo Direct week - iwata said something about having the game at all times is important for this franchise - which I agree

Too bad that rumor about KH, Castlevania and Scribblenauts was proved false... at least for now

I still like my cartridges but I can see your point about Animal Crossing being useful as a downloaded game.  That way when you boot up your system if there is something new in the game (like mail or whatever) then that blue dot will go on the bottom of the AC logo notifying you that there is something new (like MK7, Swapnote, etc).  Not anything game changing but a little neat (I'll probably have my AC cart in my system for awhile once it is released).

If they did that with Animal Crossing (or let you install the game off the cartridge so you can get the best of both worlds) I might pick it up. AC was an awesome game, but it's not something I want to boot up every day. However if I could install it and have in built in....then I might turn the game on more often.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

VicViper said:
Michael-5 said:

Not too many interesting games for me, but I do appreciate the 3DS XL and Fire Emblem. Paper Mario is also another excellent game.

Now I'm just waiting on Advance Wars, Metroid, Smash Bros, and a new Zelda (hopefully similar in artstyle and gameplay to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask).

Will buy a 3DS XL when Fire Emblem comes out, hopefully they make a dual analog redesign by then or at least a special edition Fire Emblem 3DS.

I never played a Fire Emblem game before (never even seen one before... yeah, I know, bad Nintendo fan!). But I'm willing to try this new one, as it looks like a great place to start. Paper Mario is also on the very top of the buy-chain.

Never played Advance Wars too - notice a pattern here? - but I'm dying to hear more Metroid news, be it on 3DS or Wii U. And I know I won't get it, but I would love a new Zelda in the same vein as the DS ones. To me it was amazing how well that gameplay worked, some moments really shocking me.

About the new design with 2 pads... I really think Nintendo shot itself on the foot... but on the moment of creation. Now there's nothing more they can do, imo. Best we can hope is a more nicely designed CPP (like that one from Nyko). To me it's 101% chance there won't be a new 3DS with 2 of those, which sucks, but it's understandable.

But what about third parties?  Have any games from them you want? I'm having a blast with 3DS news lately because my two favorites are very onboard - Capcom and Level 5.

Yea, unless you want to start on the GBA Fire Emblems, the 3DS is an excellent title to start on. I think Famitsu gave it 36/40, which is really good. Paper Mario is also an excellent RPG, but it's just not as good as Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

Man you're missing out. GBA-3DS are excellent for turn based strategy RPG's, it's the reason why I got my DS (Advance Wars) and waiting on 3DS (Fire Emblem). Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle are excellent too. Some with PSP, many regard Jeanne D'Arc as one of the best titles on the system and it's not that different from Fire Emblem.

You won't get the next Metroid, but you're dying to hear about it???

As for a 3DS redesign, I'm just being hopeful. GBA has a huge redesign when they made the GBA SP, but the change from DS phat to DS lite wasn't that dramatic. Still, I just don't want a system where the screens touch. Probably going to get a 3DS XL anyway, which does feature a small redesign, but anyway....I'm being hopeful.

Third Parties? I'm not interested in too many third party games yet, I think they are waiting for the install base to grow before we see anything big yet. I'll get Tales of the Abyss and Resident Evil when I get my 3DS, and maybe Bravery Default, but I don't see anything special from third parties just yet.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

VicViper said:

And you're right. It's not even released, but Animal Crossing is my already declared GOTY next year.

LOL Fire Emblem for me all the way, hands down.

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:

Ah, the SNES days when Square cranked out quality RPGs like no ones business. Think those days are long gone sad;y/  Would like more RPGs from anyone on 3DS.

Augen said:
DieAppleDie said:

Ah, the SNES days when Square cranked out quality RPGs like no ones business. Think those days are long gone sad;y/  Would like more RPGs from anyone on 3DS.

People always say Squaresoft cranked out RPG's like mad on the SNES, but in reality DS and GBA got just the same amount of RPG attention. No doubt 3DS will be the same. Maybe combined Square, and Enix put out more games back then, then they do now, but now we have many more JRPG devs.

The only difference is that SNES opened with quality RPG's right out the door (FFIV came out only months after the SNES's release) where GBA, DS, and now 3DS are taking a bit of time.

Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, and Bravery Default are coming... it's only a matter of time before 3DS develops.

Why wasn't Fire Emblem givin a visual representation? Didn't that game sell better then half the games on that list, plus every other Fire Emblem game at 400k?

Michael-5 said:

Why wasn't Fire Emblem givin a visual representation? Didn't that game sell better then half the games on that list, plus every other Fire Emblem game at 400k?

I believe it was because the thread was made after it released

Michael-5 said:

If they did that with Animal Crossing (or let you install the game off the cartridge so you can get the best of both worlds) I might pick it up. AC was an awesome game, but it's not something I want to boot up every day. However if I could install it and have in built in....then I might turn the game on more often.

But how can you not want to boot the game every day??? You town might have dry weeds all around if you don't... *gasp* Noooo, never :P

(not as much, but seeing those weeds was so painful lol... it's probably the reason I'm very afraid to revisit my town now, even for a glimpse)